Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Police
Country flag
I kind of wonder where I stand with my order. I had to go with the tri motor as I have a 10000 lbs travel trailer and it's the only CT version that can handle it.

Right now I run a 2018 F150 with the 3.6L EcoBoost. Towing capacity of around 13000 lbs.

MSRP for the Ford I bought was $66000 Canadian. This pails in comparison to the approximate $100000 I expect to invest on the CT. But if the Tesla can go 12 years, no fuel and less maintenance bills then I hope to come out on top. In addition I am banking on better resale should I want a change before my self imposed truck lifespan.

Has anyone done the math using the tri motor yet? I know it's all speculation at the moment but that's why we're here, for the fun. :)
Sponsored

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Bonsoir ozweego, many months ago, I calculated the save of $3,000 cad per year from fuel; also, maintenance costs very loo, if it is like model 3, nothing needed before 2 years to check brakes which are not really used because of the reginator...one million km warranty against rust, about the same for batteries lifetime; updates of the software by tesla regularly. As our weather is cold... we need more range... batteries capacity reduced during winter... and, I took the full self driving as we get old...that's why I choose 3 motors ...

ozweego

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Police
Country flag
Thanks. I figure if I can theoretically save $4000 per year (fuel, maintenance,etc) and get 8 years of use out of it ($32,000 in potential savings) then the math seems to work out. The remaining difference in cost between the two could be made up in resale value, assuming I can get $20-$25K for an 8 year old CT tri motor.

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
It won’t be an apples to apples comparison until the electric F150 EV specs and pricing are revealed. But I think it will be even more of a landslide win for the Cybertruck compared to an ICE F150. Ford currently doesn’t have the battery/software technology to match a comparable Tesla vehicle, nor can it compete on battery price. What the EV F150 will have going for it is pickup owners’ fierce brand loyalty and fact that Ford still has full federal rebates available, though that may be gone or reduced by the time the electric F150 hits the market.

Jon Snow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS85D
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I think there is a good chance Cybertruck will last 2x longer than a similar gas or diesel. The trimotor is a beast as well, so you get more truck vs anything you can compare it too .. and you have to give it some value for that. My math shows a savings in fuel and operating at over $50,000 USD over 300,000 miles .. and no one will be surprised if it lasts even longer.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
in Québec as we pay around $0.06 KWH
Jesus, I pay $0.29 for off peak and the CT still works out to cheaper than my F350 at ~22,500 miles a year.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yes, to fully compete against the F-250 the Cybertruck would need to pull goose neck and fifth-wheel trailers and also go 400-500 miles pulling a full load.

But Cybertruck doesn't have to completely compete against every single F-250 use case.

There are a lot of F-250s that do not use goose neck or fifth-wheel trailers.

There are a lot of F-250s that tow 9,000-14,000 lbs ball hitch trailers for only max. 200 miles non-stop.
Cybertruck cabin + frunk + bed total payload 3,500 lbs. for maybe max. 300-400 miles non-stop.
This is stuff too big for F-150s.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Jesus, I pay $0.29 for off peak and the CT still works out to cheaper than my F350 at ~22,500 miles a year.
Presently, Hydro-Québec provides 70% of electricity for Vermont, and there are agreements for Mass. (Boston) and Maine and N-Y (with de Blasio) the line will pass under Champlain lake and Hudson river... and the selling cost is around $0.05 Kw... to your local company... As Hydro-Québec belongs to our government... the benefit will help to pay our Health insurance... which is free...!!!

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Nissan Titan seems a little expensive for ICE. Cybertruck 4WD dual motor is good deal.

There will be very little room in that niche after the 500,000 Cybertrucks enter the market.
Sponsored