Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
  • The GMC Hummer EV pickup will be the first real test of GM to directly compete against Tesla.
Really, isn't the Bolt a GM product that tried to compete against Tesla? Also I'm curious about tax right-offs. It doesn't sound like it will qualify for the tax incentives that GM went through with Chevy. However there are some tax breaks for over 6000lb vehicles that could benefit this behemoth.
Sponsored

CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
HOLY CRAP.... $80k for the base model. $113k for the model (only available in white) that comps to CT Tri-motor with <200mi of range.

NO THANKS!

Edit: now looking at the price-points, 3.5-yr trim walk, and all the selling points (mostly SOLELY available on the $113k version)... CT is a no-brainer.

Last edited:

GuitarLunatic

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor
Occupation
Customer Service
Country flag
Been a lurker, but just watched the Hummer introduction so I thought I'd post. I have a dual motor on reserve.

The Hummer looks fantastic but not as crazy as the Cybertruck. I like the crazy styling of the CT. I will say though that the Hummer has some fantastic features that made me think about switching over. The pricing and availability turned me off immediately. The only one that's coming in 2021 is $112k. Their version of the Dual Motor, at least the "cheaper" $80k one, isn't coming until 2024.

I think I'll stick with the CT.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I just watched the reveal and have ZERO desire for the GMC electric Hummer. I will stick to my Cybertruck and Tesla has nothing to worry about.

The amount of money that GM will spend on marketing this beast will be crazy. Did they have to pay royalties for the Led Zeppelin music in the background of the commercial?

Last edited:

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From the GMC website

ULTRAVISION WITH UNDERBODY CAMERAS

UltraVision—with up to eighteen available camera views†—includes waterproof underbody cameras provides real-time views to help you pick your best line along the trail. They’re forward and rear facing and strategically placed low enough to see beyond the skid plates. In addition, the underbody cameras include a wash function and replaceable lens protectors.

I like this....

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vs Hummer EV 2020-hummer-ev-reveal-interior2-my23-bt1-hummer-sut-full-drv-0011

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vs Hummer EV 2020-hummer-ev-reveal-interior1-my23-bt1-hummer-sut-a2a-drv-001-jpg-v1-0

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Maybe Tesla could do another option
quad motor, quad steer, 600 mile range, 5th wheel capable, for $95,000 and delivery 2021

Last edited:

CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
Yeah the bed hardly speaks 'truck'... even with a more traditional 'truck' profile than that of the CT.

Weird... CT feels more like a truck than a Hummer. Its a new day.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe Tesla could do another option
qud motor, quad steer, 600 mile range for $90,000 and delivery 2021
YES!

The Quad motor would give it AWESOME TORQUE! A F-450 Diesel couldn't out pull it.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They have crazy feature names. 'Watts to Freedom' for their launch mode? What the heck?

It looks fun, but it's a giant brick. Why does it even have a bed? Could it fit my motorcycle?

-Crissa
The bed reminds me of the Chevrolet Avalanche