Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I just can’t unsee this. When I hear about the Silverado E and the GMC Denali, I see this.

GM is claiming a 400 mile range. To get there they are going to need something with nearly this capacity. This is their “State of the Art” Ultraman battery.

1639893092375.jpeg
So this is the reason Hummer EV looks like it's a truck placed on top of a barge.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This doesn’t follow. 3 pounds/ 0.37 kWh would be 540 pounds for a 200 kWh battery.

The number from GM is 3,000+ pounds for the Hummer battery.

I guess the extra 2500 pounds is module weight and battery frame?
You need thermal management and structure and wiring and sensors and firewalls...

A 2170 cell comes with its own steel shell and a layer of firewall. Pouch cells are basically only the jellyroll in the middle of a cylindrical cell.

-Crissa

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I'm all in for CT but I am curious to see how the Silverado EV shapes up. If it shares a similar front end to the Sierra I think it could look really nice.

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck Vs. Silverado EV - Reservations Open 1.5.2022 erra-denali-1639604152.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.846xh;0,0

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This doesn’t follow. 3 pounds/ 0.37 kWh would be 540 pounds for a 200 kWh battery.

The number from GM is 3,000+ pounds for the Hummer battery.

I guess the extra 2500 pounds is module weight and battery frame?
3 lbs for .37kwh would be just under 9lbs per kWh or 900 lbs for a hundred kWh battery.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
3 lbs for .37kwh would be just under 9lbs per kWh or 900 lbs for a hundred kWh battery.
Clearly my brain cannot math today.

(100/0.37)*3 = 1,621 pounds. I forgot to multiply by 3 ? Ugh. Makes a lot more sense.

So it’s only double the weight of the cells for the pack. Still crazy.

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
The Hummer EV is already coming off the assembly line, so GM will make their Silverado EV deadline without issue. Lots of the EV tech from the Hummer just plugs into the truck.

Tesla better get moving on the CT, because Ford and GM are coming fast, with better and more solid pricing to boot.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The Hummer EV is already coming off the assembly line...

Tesla better get moving on the CT...

The Hummer is "rolling" off the line less than a dozen per week, at BEST. I guarantee that by the 3rd month of CT production the it will have surpassed the entire production run of all of the pickups on the market, combined. And, it'll only accelerate exponentially from there. That's with a ramp up that resembles the M3 which was terrible. If the CT ramps like the MY in Shanghai, forget about it, their numbers will be dwarfed right off the bat.

This isn't a sprint it's long distance hurdling. It's like GM is a kid finishing his test first but answering the questions wrong.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Interesting, thank-you for the info. Progress is being made we hope. In the end I think it was Tesla that made them all move.

In the late 1980s I did sat and went for a ride in this very blue car for a ride and "invested" in it (30K+) for real. The car was to be built in Canada. A movie should be made about this saga. You should look it up. Amectran Canada UTube - YouTube
The big three were no friends at all.
More info here: Amectran Electric Car (amectranelectriccars.com)

Cheers!
Exar-1.png
Wow, I somehow slid right past this post. 30K had to of been a pretty big hit in the 80's. Nice looking car, and it sounded extremely promising I'm sure!

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow, I somehow slid right past this post. 30K had to of been a pretty big hit in the 80's. Nice looking car, and it sounded extremely promising I'm sure!
Yes it did hit me bad and I was very disappointed ($30k for 3 reserved cars). It was a dream...
Sponsored