Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Perhaps the Cybertruck , or Teslas, already can do this, I don't know. With the advent of dash cams and the fact that there are already plenty of cameras built in to the CT, I would think it would be possible to have a running (loop) recording of video (say 30 seconds or so) and allow one to keep the recording of the last 30 seconds. In the event of a crash, the last 30 seconds would be automatically saved.
And I think the Track mode some of them will record or will record video of your lap?

I would think once they get the CyberTruck in production, I could see a requested and added feature being able to have a running loop and hit the 'save' button to save the last x minutes of video (10,15,etc).
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I think the frunk should be refrigerated. You could turn it on while you are at the grocery store, then put your ice cream in the frunk with the rest of your groceries and they wouldn't melt/spoil on the way home. This could apply to all Teslas as well.
That's expecting quite a bit but we could ask that the frunk be dimensioned so that it would hold one of the many portable "camping" refrigerators on the market and that there be a 12 V power point in the frunk into which one of these could be plugged and which power point remains energized even when the vehicle is parked.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I was aware of Sentry Mode but I don't know if it [Cybertruck, Tesla] will record while driving.
Yes, honking the horn with it enabled captures some seconds (don't remember how many) from all the cameras. Tapping the Dashcam icon captures the last 10 minutes.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
How about a passageway between cab and bed?
That's something that everyone is excited to think about. Elon has a tradition of promising big features in his vehicles but even he could only say probably to that request. I'm sure a lot of people, including myself have spend a lot of time looking at Cybertruck pictures to see how likely it is. I'm sure Tesla will do their best to include this to make a lot of people happy, lets just hope they can.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I recently realized my favorite reason for the mid-gate being something that Tesla should REALLY do.
I have a daughter in a wheelchair and was wondering how she could get in and out of the Cybertruck when a bolt of lightning struck in my brain. A mid-gate would be PERFECT! She could come up the Tailgate-ramp and we could remove the back bench, so her wheelchair could be strapped in place!!!!! Somehow I've got to get this idea to Tesla. Currently we have a Toyota Sienna with a mobility chair that swings out and I pick her up to get her in and out of her wheelchair. But the Cybertruck would work soooo much better!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I recently realized my favorite reason for the mid-gate being something that Tesla should REALLY do.
I have a daughter in a wheelchair and was wondering how she could get in and out of the Cybertruck when a bolt of lightning struck in my brain. A mid-gate would be PERFECT! She could come up the Tailgate-ramp and we could remove the back bench, so her wheelchair could be strapped in place!!!!! Somehow I've got to get this idea to Tesla. Currently we have a Toyota Sienna with a mobility chair that swings out and I pick her up to get her in and out of her wheelchair. But the Cybertruck would work soooo much better!
If they can make the Pass-through happen. It might even be easier than that. I'm assuming that if they make the pass-through, they will try to make sure that the back bench folds down as flat as possible with the bed. I would also think that they would make the backs of the backseats a little more durable, since someone using the passthrough migth be doing it to load more equipment, or lumber in the cybertruck. If that's the case, you could just put the wheelchair right on the back of the seat, put whatever you need to strap the wheelchair in place on the back of the seat as well and then you don't have to remove anything.

I remember watching a youtube video by Jerryrigeverything about how his wife uses her Model X while in a wheelchair and I was so impressed by all these features that helped her, even though they weren't really intended for that reason...or Tesla is just full of people who think of everything.

Auric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Insight
Country flag
I'd like to see a 4 Wheel steering on my Cybertruck.
That would help to handle the Size of the Cybertruck would improve the OFF Road capabilities they can simplify the design and construction by using the same components for the rear axle as for the front one (like the VW Iltis) this axle would be cheaper than a multilink design and improve the safety of the vehicle by steering the rear in case of something unwanted happened.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I remember watching a youtube video by Jerryrigeverything about how his wife uses her Model X while in a wheelchair and I was so impressed by all these features that helped her, even though they weren't really intended for that reason...or Tesla is just full of people who think of everything.
I have a friend who went from a 3 to an X because it could support his more limited range of motion. He loved his 3 but all those little things about the X made it the better choice. Even though it mean he was spending more on a car, at least he could use a car again.

-Crissa

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Now that my father is in a wheelchair that is an idea I can appreciate.

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
That's expecting quite a bit but we could ask that the frunk be dimensioned so that it would hold one of the many portable "camping" refrigerators on the market and that there be a 12 V power point in the frunk into which one of these could be plugged and which power point remains energized even when the vehicle is parked.
Could the heat pump be utilized for the cooling off the frunk?

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How about a steering wheel that stows away. Then you could effectively use the big dash as your mobile office. Oh, and a flip down keyboard and mouse (it IS a Cybertruck after all...).
A true 'transformer' CyberTruck!

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z nismo, Infiniti FX50S, Dodge Dakota
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
I'd like to see a 4 Wheel steering on my Cybertruck.
That would help to handle the Size of the Cybertruck would improve the OFF Road capabilities they can simplify the design and construction by using the same components for the rear axle as for the front one (like the VW Iltis) this axle would be cheaper than a multilink design and improve the safety of the vehicle by steering the rear in case of something unwanted happened.

4 wheel stearing sucks and adds weight. if they do more then 3 DEG like most offerings maybe it will be okay. But i will pass if only 3 DEG
Sponsored