Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
that’s so 2000. Once you try the Tesla way you’ll wish you never thought that.
It may be so 2000 (actually 2015 on my 2015 F150 super crew) but I'm not sure how to lock my extra windsurfing gear in the vault and be able to open my CT when coming off the water. I don't carry extra keys, etc for fear of losing them. But I guess I could go "SO 1960's" and do some kind of "HIDE A KEY" for a key card somewhere on the CT! So much easier using a "so 2000 key pad on the door".
Sponsored

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
It may be so 2000 (actually 2015 on my 2015 F150 super crew) but I'm not sure how to lock my extra windsurfing gear in the vault and be able to open my CT when coming off the water. I don't carry extra keys, etc for fear of losing them. But I guess I could go "SO 1960's" and do some kind of "HIDE A KEY" for a key card somewhere on the CT! So much easier using a "so 2000 key pad on the door".
Maybe Tesla starts doing facial recognition by then but keeping that little credit card style fob in your swimsuit is super easy and secure. I’ve kept my ID and cc in my Velcro pocket in my swimsuit while wakeboard for years and never lost them. And I’ve had some serious crashes wakeboarding.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

Tesla let's you use you phone, but they also now issue a plastic card with RFID that you can use instead of keys or a key fob. That will easily slip into a wet suit. Impervious to the elements. That's what I will use when diving.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Like MEDICALJMP was saying, Tesla Model 3, Model Y and the Cybertruck will use your cellphone as the key or also they supply 2 keycards, like what you use at hotels. Watermen take the card in the water with them. Some people drill a hole in the card, while others use a silicone sleeve with a hole in it, like this on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Sparta...r&qid=1559079747&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Like MEDICALJMP was saying, Tesla Model 3, Model Y and the Cybertruck will use your cellphone as the key or also they supply 2 keycards, like what you use at hotels. Watermen take the card in the water with them. Some people drill a hole in the card, while others use a silicone sleeve with a hole in it, like this on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Sparta...r&qid=1559079747&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
Does it do the same as a hotel key card and lose it’s code every time your cellphone goes near it, so you have to walk all the way back to reception? :LOL:

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
that’s so 2000. Once you try the Tesla way you’ll wish you never thought that.
Actually... I can't have my phone or any transmitting devices at work. I'll have to dig out my wallet, pull out the Tesla card, hold it to the door... It'd be easier to just press a couple of buttons on the vehicle and get in.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Actually... I can't have my phone or any transmitting devices at work. I'll have to dig out my wallet, pull out the Tesla card, hold it to the door... It'd be easier to just press a couple of buttons on the vehicle and get in.
Did you see the card holder from Amazon I linked? You could have that with your key ring in your pocket. BTW, my 1989 SHO Taurus had a number pad on the door. That's so 30 years ago! :ROFLMAO:

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla let's you use you phone, but they also now issue a plastic card with RFID that you can use instead of keys or a key fob. That will easily slip into a wet suit. Impervious to the elements. That's what I will use when diving.
WETSUIT??? I don't wear no stinken wetsuit, I live in South Florida!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
WETSUIT??? I don't wear no stinken wetsuit, I live in South Florida!
You can slip it into your Speedo instead.

Or try one of the other options listed by others.

Ducaudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6
Occupation
M & M’s alphabetizer
Country flag
I wouldn’t mind having rear fog lights like I’ve had in my Audi vehicles. We sometimes have dense fog / snowy days on occasion and I love how bright those rear fogs I have that are built in the tail lights.

davamanra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Country flag
If the truck doesn't already have it, how about a storage compartment in BOTH sail pillars? Also, how about a full sized spare tire, maybe in the frunk? Also, I have a feeling that dashboard is gonna create a glare problem with the windshield. How about a matte black dash mat to reduce glare?
Sponsored