Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I think the frunk should be refrigerated. You could turn it on while you are at the grocery store, then put your ice cream in the frunk with the rest of your groceries and they wouldn't melt/spoil on the way home. This could apply to all Teslas as well.
Also, it should be hosable outable. Is that a new word?

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think the frunk should be refrigerated. You could turn it on while you are at the grocery store, then put your ice cream in the frunk with the rest of your groceries and they wouldn't melt/spoil on the way home. This could apply to all Teslas as well.
Cold beer!

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Not a bad idea. Not bad at all.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
lon himself? Maybe, but I suspect there are no keyboards with his fingerprints on them, and people are hearing from his staffers.
Probably himself. His twitter proliferation is inversely related to how much documented time he's spent at the office. And there's been multiple court filings where he got in trouble for not routing his tweets through a lawyer first.

-Crissa

Sandybayes1

First Name
Sandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The following wishlist was first compiled by @TyPope. This post is now a "wiki post" and can be edited by all members, so add your wishlist items to the list!

It's a "comprehensive wish list" of things people would like to see in the Cybertruck that hasn't already been confirmed. These are things that are NOT already confirmed by Tesla.

Cybertruck Wishlist [add yours below]:
  1. Trailer brake controls
  2. 2" reciever on front and back built into the body. With access to the pin through a door in the rear of the bed and front trunk to put the locking pin in. This would make the attachments ie. trailer hitch, wench nearly theft proof.
  3. Solar wing. Gun safe. Accessible from outside.
  4. Cyber Trailer with battery to extend Cybertruck towing range.
  5. Solar Roof in addition to Solar Vault cover. The Solar Vault would add about 15 miles per day (per Elon). If adding a solar roof would add another 10 miles, it could take care of my 20 mile round-trip commute for most of the year!
  6. Heated AND cooled seats (all 6)
  7. Kneel-down for getting in/out of the Cybertruck
  8. Insulated frunk cooler (we know it has a frunk... let's make a cooler out of it!)
  9. Inclinometer
  10. Trail camera
  11. Tire inflation system
  12. Ability to pick one tire off the ground to make changing it easier. (independently controllable air shocks would do it.
  13. Free Supercharging (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)
  14. "Knight Rider" light across the front during charging.
  15. Autonomous trailer connection... Similar to Summon. You get it close to the tongue of the trailer, step out, and hit "Connect to Trailer" or something. It kneels down to get the ball under the trailer hitch, backs up appropriately, and then lifts up so that you can confirm a good connection, swing the tongue jack away, chain the trailer, and connect it electrically (including the Tesla trailer Camera which connects to the CT and lets you see behind the trailer like GM is showing in it's commercials now.
  16. Electro-chromatic glass for privacy and to help keep it cool when not occupied.
  17. Knight Rider style light that goes back and forth when charging, maybe...
  18. Access to pedestrian speaker. Enable music to be played outside.
  19. A HUD. Yes!
  20. A better dash
  21. rear wall can fold flat into cabin, level with the bed.
  22. Since the truck comes with a compressor. Make the rear seats air bags so they can be deflated for more room.
  23. rear seat bottoms can flop forward to create a large flat surface perfect for a mattress
  24. Four-Wheel Steering or at least a great turning radius
  25. Drain plug in the rear storage compartment in vault to use as ice chest if needed.
  26. Air Horn, since on board compressor.
  27. V2G (vehicle to grid please)
  28. Controls for the vault cover inside the bed so when using it for sleeping you can open up easily
  29. Four hundred plus miles for Dual motor AWD, HUD, and better dash.
  30. [Add yours to the list by clicking "Edit" button below]
  31. rear bed ready from factory for a Flush fit cyber hitch.com & maybe offered as a factory option.
  32. Matrix LED/laser auto highlights
  33. No cabin carpet or easily removed carpet with drain plugs so cabin can be washed out when (not if) it gets dirty.
  34. Small screens in the back of the left / Right seats. So passengers could watch movies, play games, surf the web, use misc apps. without bothering the driver (May be they should be forced to use Headphones to not disturb the driver) as well as their own climate controls and heated seat settings.
  35. A starlink (SpaceX internet service) antenna. Roving high speed internet everywhere!
  36. Quad-motor for additional towing capacity, quicker 0-60, and allow all wheels to operate independently to perform tank turns.
  37. Rocket thruster (similar to roadster but more important in a truck) to become un-stuck in mud or snow plus quicker 0-60.
  38. 120 plug in the front and rear storage boxes to plug a cooler in.
  39. Heavy-duty hook at the front of the box to attach a come-along or winch to for bringing things up the ramp.
  40. Sleeper chairs for front seats. Maybe also back seats.
  41. Animated overhead view of truck or truck and trailer while backing up
  42. 5.5 Foot bed option
  43. Passageway between cab and bed.
  44. Airless tires that last forever or at least for a very long time so CT becomes a real apocalyptic vehicle and practical for long term off road getaway.

Herb Blair

First Name
Herb Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima, Ford F-150
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Starlink Internet service as an option.

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A separate target charge limit for a solar cover. And options to control the bed inverter with the truck off. And an optional hitch.

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Did I mention ballistic flotation option for ice fishermen?
Also, you could put fishing pole holders on the sides using the T slots.
Just a side note; I can't wait to cook breakfast for my fishing buddies on the tail gate of my Cybertruck!

Last edited:

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
1. Powered tailgate.
2. Tailgate and cover can be controlled in the app.
3. Midgate (but I doubt this will ever happen)
4. Option for center console unless they can make an amazing console in the back of the jump seat or can make a console that doesn't interfere with the jump seat's leg room (I assume this is why there's no console currently). I want good cupholders, a charging pad, USB ports, etc. In the current interior, I don't see a place for any of those.
5. Rear seat HVAC controls
6. Hard-hitting sub(s). Save me from having to try to fit subs somewhere.

jperkey

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Perhaps the Cybertruck , or Teslas, already can do this, I don't know. With the advent of dash cams and the fact that there are already plenty of cameras built in to the CT, I would think it would be possible to have a running (loop) recording of video (say 30 seconds or so) and allow one to keep the recording of the last 30 seconds. In the event of a crash, the last 30 seconds would be automatically saved.