Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Interesting. There will be outlets and they will be 240 V (biphase) but I think it's pretty clear that the intent is that they would be used to run air compressors, saws, shop vacs, pumps and things like that on job sites. And that biggest electric load of all on the modern job site: banks of battery chargers.

If the truck is going down the road at 60 mph using 500 wH per mile that means the inverters are handling 30 kW but that is split between at least two so each would be doing 15. This is average, of course. Peak loads would be many times that. Anyway, the point is that inverters of that size are already on the truck. I think it very unlikely that they would add an additional one that rivals those that drive the traction motors in power consumption.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 AWD LR M3, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Having had a few different trucks over the years, there were a few options I thought were pretty useful. Now that the CT is in the works, this vehicle should get refined to be functional, comfortable and smartly equipped. I KNOW Elon and his team have these criteria in mind. But as far as personal experiences and maybe by way of reminder, here is my list ( may evolve as other contributors chime in!): 1) option of a highly durable rubber like non slip finish to the floor, rather than carpet. When I need to use a nice truck but have to muddy up and ruin a nice carpet, I long for the old days when you could just hose the dirt off and throw down a removable floor mat for “date night”. 2) under seat storage, front and/or back with moveable dividers. When everything ends up in a jumbled mess, they are a lot less useful. 3) USB charge ports in the back seat area for 2 people. No fights in the back seat! 4) directional spotlight for passenger for night time (like in an airplane) use without blinding or waking others. 5) remember the “snake light”? The best option Ford ever put in their POS trucks. Very useful many times. 6) built in contact charger. Love this option on my M3. 7) a way to direct the exterior light bar/spotlight from the interior. Greatest nighttime functionality on police cruisers in hundreds of situations, many of which everyday people could benefit . 8) a heated steering wheel! so sad they didn't put this as standard in the AWD LR M3! here in Canada, once you've had a car with it, you can't live without it! doesn't need to be left on draining power, just take the cold out of the wheel. 9) we're essentially driving a big battery. How about a way to zap any nimrod captured by Sentry mode that screws with our truck (Ok, just kidding... a little), like Kit from Nightrider! (for those that remember the '80s).

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I repair food sanitation equipment. It's be nice to test it on my truck.
Man I have heard of having a clean vehicle however food sanitation clean is another level. I guess the CT is stainless steel just like utensils and pots so you could food sanitize clean it. Lol.
I could not help my self reading your post. I get wanting to be able to plug in the equipment in the bed of the CT to test it while working on it. The load would be a lot smaller for testing then continuous running.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I repair food sanitation equipment. It's be nice to test it on my truck.
I totally get this request.
I have calibration equipment that needs 4 hours of plugged in warm up before it can be used onsite for measurements. That means either it has to be placed onsite the night before or having to wait the 4 hours same day arrival, either way is very inconvenient in time management. It would be great to be able to have it plugged in safely using the transit vehicle, Cybertruck would fill a small, but important niche market for remote work.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
120/240v is still single phase power or single sign wave. It is only the voltage difference in the length of a coil that creates ether 120v or 240v. Three phase power is the voltage difference from each phase being 120 degrees. There are 3 sign waves that are separated from each other by 120 degrees. That is why 3 phase power is 120/208v, 277/480v, 347/600v etc. Billygee do you need 3 phase power or just a higher single phase voltage 240/480v?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Three phase is needed for running the pumps and heating elements of my machines.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I want the frunk to have ac power and be insulated/ have temperature control to keep my food cold when I go overland.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I thought of another thing I'd love, but I honestly doubt they wouldn't do or allow to be customized. I want a voice pack to make my truck sound like BT-7274 from Titanfall 2.

• Getting in the truck; "Welcome aboard, Pilot."
  • Putting it in autopilot; "Protocol Three: protect the pilot."
  • Exiting truck; "Be safe, Pilot."
  • When the cabin HEPA kicks in; "hazardous conditions detected."
  • Anytime the truck makes a set of autonomous decisions, or: adjusts height, plots a new navigation course, etc; "Trust me."
It's a pipe dream, but voice command feedback in BT's voice would be the biggest "I live in the future" moment for me.

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
Integrated brake controller (screen controlled). Fold flat platform for dogs in back or easy remove seats (for those that never use rear seats) or ability for them to run around in the back also. High output generator with 120 and 240 to run a welder. Condom dispenser for all the tail this thing will bring.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Integrated brake controller (screen controlled). Fold flat platform for dogs in back or easy remove seats (for those that never use rear seats) or ability for them to run around in the back also. High output generator with 120 and 240 to run a welder. Condom dispenser for all the tail this thing will bring.
You are old school..come on git into the 21st century... Vote for my idea. An electrified GF.
(But keep the dawgs real...you gotta have drama from somewhere.)
Sponsored