Cybertruck with solar roof panel?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I think solar panels, either standard or optional, are a strong possibility for the Cybertruck. I believe there was talk of solar strips being integrated into the retractable tonneau cover slats. I think Tesla went so far as to file a patent on this idea. While I think this is a great idea it has a lot of reliability, durability, manufacturing and cost challenges.

I think we we will see a much simpler solar roof panel and/or solar panel(s) that store inside the bed that can be easily be deployed when stopped.

I hope Tesla can implement some type of solar panel arrangement in the Cybertruck as I want to continue with my Overlanding hobby. Range anxiety can become a real issue when you are out in the middle of nowhere. An extra 10-15 miles of “reserve” power from solar panels would be a huge plus.

I can‘t wait to see what the Tesla design and engineering team has come up with for the production version. What do you think?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck with solar roof panel? 6D8C56A2-9D83-4625-B3CF-BCDF8E2C52CC

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck with solar roof panel? F1012173-09AF-4400-A4E0-F4F0A7BC3407
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If Tesla does have a solar charge controller, it would be pretty easy to add solar to it. Either it would have headspace in its wattage or it would be possible to replicate.

That's really the bigger question.

You can buy cells to laminate onto surfaces, you don't have to use custom cells like Aptera is doing (and they're not keeping the secret to themselves, so you might be able to just buy those.)

-Crissa