Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This photo is from a week ago and according to the source was sent to him by a friend working in the building as a vendor and said there were a few trucks there. This is the same HP building Tesla bought for engineering offices.
Do you know if Tesla is going to be doing wraps at the factory or if they are just going to leave it to 3rd parties to do?

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Know what my old eyes don't see? I don't see any fluid reservoirs. But in all honesty my eyes are old and I've never looked under a "hood" of a Tesla. Maybe wired system is actually in play. But in all fairness I didn't see a reservoir for windshield fluid.
It's the thing in the back on the right. That's where it is in the Y as well.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, SQ5, Cybertruck if Elon will build it!
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
How does the hinge for that frunk work? Doesn’t seem like the rounded hinge arm would be able to fit under the windshield when the frunk is closed if the bracket slides into a rounded sleeve, but it also doesn’t seem like it could fit if it pivoted down from a hinge on the back of the arm, because it would hit the wheel well casting. Something doesn’t look right to me.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The Cybertruck's cab forward design simply won't allow for a large frunk storage space.

It will most likely be just large enough for storing a charging cable and a soft suitcase.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The Cybertruck's cab forward design simply won't allow for a large frunk storage space.
while the CT cab *appears* more forward due to the design, the reality is the CT cab isn't any more "forward" than an F150

so the CT frunk isn't as deep simply as a packaging design matter: Tesla had a lot more guts to fit in between the frunk and (let's call it) dash board

proportionally, the CT dash board and driver position length from nose of the vehicle is effectively identical as the F150.

these overhead photos have been adjusted to rough scale. which isn't to say there aren't probably a couple of inches difference here or there, but instead that in terms of magnitude of proportions I see nothing that would substantiate the CT having a "cab forward" design compared to eg F150

the CT simply has a "windshield forward" design. which has a significant visual impact on the *seeming* depth of the hood/nose

• yellow line is CT's windshield seam
  • green line is F150's windshield seam
  • orange line is the CT dashboard (~identical to F150 dashboard)
  • red line is CT's front door rearmost seam (~identical to F150)

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck wrapped like an ICE F-150 🧐 Frunk Open Look (No Tub Installed) CT Proportions Overhead

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Damn that frunk looks tiny
Not really. It looks like all of the components stop at the bottom of the windshield, so it should be roughly the depth of the frunk lid.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Maybe it’s just the angle, but it doesn’t look like there’s much room in the frunk. Of course these AREN’T the production models either.

That Ford F-150 wrap is the ultimate way to get punked. Maybe Tesla will make some gag videos of people trying to use the door handles, or trying to get anti-EV people into a Tesla/CyberTruck? 🤣

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How does the hinge for that frunk work? Doesn’t seem like the rounded hinge arm would be able to fit under the windshield when the frunk is closed if the bracket slides into a rounded sleeve, but it also doesn’t seem like it could fit if it pivoted down from a hinge on the back of the arm, because it would hit the wheel well casting. Something doesn’t look right to me.

Already answered in previous reply:

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
And now, some sneaky video!

Sponsored