Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am not a fan it. I is just sitting there waiting to get ripped off by a random passerby. I really think it ruins the "look."
The getting torn off by a vandal concern is genuine. One way or another they have to 'store' the wiper some place where vandals can't destroy it. I also don't care for the look but I do think they will have a better solution before trucks roll off the assembly line.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
The getting torn off by a vandal concern is genuine. One way or another they have to 'store' the wiper some place where vandals can't destroy it. I also don't care for the look but I do think they will have a better solution before trucks roll off the assembly line.
I really don’t think that’s going to be that big of a deal. My last 4 vehicles were SUV’s and they all had vandal accessible rear window wipers and I’ve never had an issue.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
With the beta CT we saw today and last month, the wiper has been iterated twice so far. Notice how the latest version has a bent in it towards the pivot point vs. the first version that was straight. As a result the wiper sits much closer to the A-pillar on the left - possibly in the blacked out portions of the windscreen. As a result you don't lose much visibility if at all.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruckk windshield wiper. tesla-cybertruck-updated-glass

While there is still room for improvement, things are moving in the right direction.

From purely a design perspective, these examples look nice too but impact aero and visibility:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruckk windshield wiper. 1608038902154-jpe

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruckk windshield wiper. tesla-semi-rocklin-supercharger-ca

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruckk windshield wiper. tesla-semi_37

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
The Tesla truck should take it’s styling queues from the Cybertruck not the Model Y.

Just saying.
Perhaps, but given that the Semi was introduced in late 2017, the use of a SS exoskeleton might not have been fully thought out for the heavy-duty truck program. Also, the additional risk and possibly regulatory requirements for a Cyber-Semi might not have been worth the gains in order to be a disruptive force.

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool to see in the near-future.

rrizzi7210

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Tech Business Owner
Country flag
Cyber truck windshield wiper needs to be on passenger side.
A few days ago read that Elon said it would not be in the final production version, but if they did keep it it should be moved to the passenger side. My other idea, is based on the photos I have seen is that it appears to be easily removable. I live in South Florida where rains almost daily or so it seems. I have had great success with RainX on my windshields even at slow speeds. When you are traveling at highway speeds, you do not need your wipers at all since the rain beads off the windshield so quickly. I have no trouble driving regardless of how heavy the rain gets. The problem is I have to apply it monthly. Under extremely heavy rain at very slow speeds (like under 15 mph), it is nice to have and to use the wipers, but I would just wait a few minutes for the heavy rain to subside with a CT with no wiper and I would be fine.
Sponsored