Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Throughout the weekend people are going to be posting more and more. We'll get to the bottom of the mid-gate question and have better looks at the bed (with possible climate vents) for sure.

This is gonna be good.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yeah, you can definitely see the rear wheels moving In that clip.
That video shows the third CT, the one they drove on stage with wiper but no frame extensions.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Throughout the weekend people are going to be posting more and more. We'll get to the bottom of the mid-gate question and have better looks at the bed (with possible climate vents) for sure.

This is gonna be good.
Climate vents may just be rolling down mid window.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So I found another much better video of the potential midgate.
Sadly, it doesn't look like the window is was open from what I can tell.

There seems to be glass reflections where the window is meant to be on top of the midgate. It's clear and not tinted so harder to make out in these lighting conditions...

There is however a clear change in the design in the "midgate" bed wall, in that it appears the original Z shape is higher and stretched out, and there is now a small shelf under the window itself. The window also appears smaller. It also looks like the midgate wall angle extends straight to the bed floor. This "could" allow the window to fit when it slides down into it, however, it might require the window to tilt first and then slide down.

That would get rid of the problem of the window fitting into the midgate itself, meaning it could then fold down forwards into the cab. The little shelf would then become a load stop, potentially with some type of extra fold up panel so stuff doesn't go flying forwards into the cab.

Is this enough to prove there's a midgate? Not quite yet for me, but I'm still hoping.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
I wonder why they didn't just take a few minutes to talk about the specific things that changed.

I keep looking at these videos and photos and I can't see anything that specifically tells us whether there is a folding mid-gate... and I definitely don't see any signs of 4 wheel steering. Considering how many tight turns they made inside, we would've noticed that.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag

There seems to be glass reflections where the window is meant to be on top of the midgate. It's clear and not tinted so harder to make out in these lighting conditions...

There is however a clear change in the design in the "midgate" bed wall, in that it appears the original Z shape is higher and stretched out, and there is now a small shelf under the window itself. The window also appears smaller. It also looks like the midgate wall angle extends straight to the bed floor. This "could" allow the window to fit when it slides down into it, however, it might require the window to tilt first and then slide down.

That would get rid of the problem of the window fitting into the midgate itself, meaning it could then fold down forwards into the cab. The little shelf would then become a load stop, potentially with some type of extra fold up panel so stuff doesn't go flying forwards into the cab.

Is this enough to prove there's a midgate? Not quite yet for me, but I'm still hoping.

You can hear "Ellie From Space's" voice in the background at the 1:45 mark lol.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I’m confident that at least one attendee brought a tape measure or laser measuring device into the factory to confirm the actual length and width of the CT.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag

That mullet though!

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Must be all midgaters and non truck buyers in the crowd! 🤣
How hard would it have been to stick you phone up in the air and take a quick picture. A real truck buyer/user would have. Something is fishy about this verbal testimony. Many people had their phones out.
Sponsored