CyberTruck's technology is exponentially over and beyond both Model S and X says research analyst after Fremont visit

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Global Equities Research Analyst, Trip Chowdhry had the following takeaways after a recent visit to Tesla's Fremonth factory and a test ride in the Cybertruck.

Source: Streetinsider

Tesla (TSLA) Factory Checks Suggest Model S and Model X May Have Reached 'End-of-Life', Focus to Be Model Y, 3 and Cybertruck - Chowdhry

January 9, 2020

Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry conducted his routine checks at Tesla's (NASDAQ: TSLA) Factory, Delivery Hub and Shipping Docks. His key takeaway was the Y Factory activity is off to a good start and the product mix is shifting.

Product Mix is Shifting. Model S and Model X may get discontinued, thereby paving way for CyberTruck or maybe CyberCar, 2 years from now.

KEY TAKEAWAYS:
  • We think, there is some burst in production of both Model S and Model X
  • We have taken the Test Ride in CyberTruck.
    • The technology of CyberTruck is exponentially over and beyond both Model S and Model X.
    • CyberTruck is completely in a different Technology Orbit
  • Model Y seems to be on plan, the outside construction is now complete
Based on the above, we think the following is happening:
  • TSLA will very likely announce that Model S and Model X have reached their end-of-life, and if anyone wants to buy these cars, for whatever reason, have up until June-July'2020 to buy one
  • TSLA focus for next 2 years will likely be the following:
    • 70% Effort on Model Y
    • 30% Effort on Model 3
  • Our research is indicating that demand for Model Y will easily be 3x that of Model 3
    • 2 Years from now, we think TSLA will Launch CyberTruck and maybe CyberCar
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
•The technology of CyberTruck is exponentially over and beyond both Model S and Model X.
What nonsense. What does "exponentially over and beyond" mean? The technology improves exponentially, of course. For example battery cost per kWh has been decreasing exponentially such that it drops in half every 3.6 years and will, presumably continue to do so for at least some time into the future if something doesn't break the trend. Presumably he means way out there as suggested by his next statement
•CyberTruck is completely in a different Technology Orbit"
What does that mean? What new technologies were revealed to him in a spin around the parking lot? Motors with earth shattering higher efficiency? Batteries that break the exponential price and specific energy rules? Level 3 autosteer that actually works?

Don't know who this fellow is but I don't think I'd entrust my portfolio, such as it is, to him.

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
I agree, he talks more like a Musk parrot than a market analyst. I can easily imagine the words “different technology orbit” coming directly from Elon. Maybe he was really impressed by the exoskeleton tech? I’m hoping it means the CT will be using next gen batteries, or some other revelation we haven’t heard yet.

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I think the S is ending it’s life. I have a 2013 P85+ with all the options. The new S’s sold have limited options and the price is a lot less than what I paid in 2013. The S needs some refresh and a reboot. The hatchback on the S is extremely useful. SUVs outsell sedans so the S may become a classic.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Stumbled on this shortly after the announcement of the S and X refresh,

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Wow this article didn't age well!
I just hope this guy's observations on the Cybertruck don't turn out to be as far off, as his statements with the S & X models being near end of life.
Sponsored