Cyberturck Updates: Why do you think Elon is doing this...?

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
There's obviously a ton of interest in this vehicle. Why do you think Elon refuses to accommodate this loyal customer base with updates, diagrams, features, renderings, updated spec list, and other rewards, Just to show appreciation to his future customer base. A 600K plus, loyal, waiting list holds a great value to Mr. Musk, stockholders, venture capitalist, banks, and stock holders. Not to mention the concern it fosters in competitors.
So why not be more kind to his people...The Cybertruck community?
Sponsored

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
I think he would reveal more, but his handlers at Tesla want to maintain a competitive edge and delay being out-spec-ed.

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
I think he would reveal more, but his handlers at Tesla want to maintain a competitive edge and delay being out-spec-ed.
That is one good reason...Thank you.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It is a good explanation but probably wrong. Elon Musk doesn’t take orders and he doesn’t follow the kind of path the OP suggested (no matter how rational it was). He is designing the truck as a toy for himself and doesn’t really care if it sells; he said so himself. Same for most of the Tesla cars and certainly for Space X, etc. He says what comes to mind (the roadster hovering?) when it comes to mind and to whomever he happens to be talking with at the time. For goodness sake, he sent a car into space. He is a very imaginative and absurdly rich kid. Think of him in this way and his actions might be more understandable. I find it unnerving myself, and clearly so does Wall Street.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
He has said multiple times that mass producing a car is thousand times more difficult than making a prototype. He also said we may get a few out by end if the year “if we are lucky”. May be there are difficulties and uncertainties we don’t know about. Sharing those is not good for the stock. May be he is waiting until more of those issues are resolved.

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't think being out-spec'd is an option.
Ford can't even buy batteries *crying / not crying emoji*

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tesla traditionally doesn’t let the cat out of the bag until vehicles go into production. I will get excited about the Cybertruck once they start rolling off the TX assembly line and members start posting pictures on this forum.

GvJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Dealer
Country flag
No reason to hype the CT, already has years worth of production to build. Still has other cars to sell before this amazing truck hits the road.

GvJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Dealer
Country flag
I guess like battery day people were upset that the term "million mile battery" was not used by Elon, so the stock dropped. On the other hand if you were paying attention he actually announced the multi million mile battery! The 4680s have a 6k charge cycle vs 1600 cycles in the M3. 6k X 500mi = 3million.
Its bad business to talk about massive upgrades years before they are rolling out. Who would buy any Tesla if they were told in 2 years we were rolling out a million mile battery but you cant buy one now?
What other info do you need? It will end up being an amazing truck in stainless steal, fast as a Porsha and the off road as good as a Ford Raptor, minimal interior as a M3, most up to date tech as possible and could possibly last a lifetime!
Its a Tesla! Let Elon do his thing, he will not let you down.
Sponsored