Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I read there was segregation. Do you mean to tell me, there were parts of the factory where only blacks worked and parts of the factory where only whites worked? I don't believe it.
The allegation is that low-level managers segregated their teams on the floor of the factory and used slurs to enforce it.

-Crissa

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
It’s hard to believe that in this day and age in America that management, as in managers plural, conspired together to segregate people. This should have been reported to a higher level HR at the time it allegedly occurred and if an investigation found it to be true that group of management should have been canned immediately. If not true, the claimants should have been canned immediately. Can’t we all just build some BEVs?

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I read there was segregation. Do you mean to tell me, there were parts of the factory where only blacks worked and parts of the factory where only whites worked? I don't believe it.
Probably the segregation was not between the people but the work.
White work vs. black work.
Probably also there was the red work too. Tesla had very limited color scheme.
And the white cars were more expensive.
It is so unfair

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s hard to believe that in this day and age in America that management, as in managers plural, conspired together to segregate people. This should have been reported to a higher level HR at the time it allegedly occurred and if an investigation found it to be true that group of management should have been canned immediately. If not true, the claimants should have been canned immediately. Can’t we all just build some BEVs?
Well, it can start out innocent - putting people who get along together, or speak the same language natively. And then it can be enforced with what are seen first as camaraderie or jibes but turn into hurtful things.

And often when you move quickly, empower low level managers and employees, they go and do things you'd never think to say not to.

Since low-level management handled everything, they could cut off or gaslight their underlings while snowing their manager in turn. On top of that, Tesla says that the claims at the regulator have never been described in a way that could be fixed. Which may have some truth - the regulator would want to shield employees from retaliation. But how do you fix problems, if your own chain of management may be lying to you?

-Crissa

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
But how do you fix problems, if your own chain of management may be lying to you?
Didn't Elon recently fire several top managers of SpaceX Raptor engine team for misleading him on progress of Raptor2?

Elon cancelled all Christmas/New Year vacations for team after firing the managers.
People who had already been working 60-70 hours weeks for months or years got no holiday vacation.

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I'm going to delete my comments because I was about to get political

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Tesla is not exactly a blushing virgin bridge on the issue of racism.

In fact, I'm with the group of stockholders who initiated and won the votes to have Tesla report on compliance with diversity and inclusion governance principles. Musk, was against this initiative and now dragging his feet to implement the measures, hence, the new moniker @ApartheidElon.

Here is the article from The Verge in Aug 2021 (sorry, won't link).

Tesla ordered to pay $137 million to former worker over racism and hostile workplace

A jury in California has ordered Tesla to pay $137 million in damages to a Black former elevator operator after he experienced a hostile work environment, including racial harassment and discrimination, at the company’s Fremont plant.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't fix problems without acknowledging them.

Elon's fostered an environment where the technical problems are acknowledged and solved. But the social ones... They're hard to admit and harder to actually fix.

It only takes one racist to tilt a room, and if that racist gaslights everyone else about their behavior...

-Crissa