Defensive momentary electrification of exoskeleton?

Bseddy1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Musk has made comments about his desire for his products to have the ability to be defensive to threats ... "We want to be the leading provider of apocalypse technology" and the "saving summer sentry mode"... I was thinking it could be possible to have the cybertruck emit an electrical charge of a certain voltage for a split second through the metal exoskeleton to produce a light taser effect to anybody that touches it (many instances where this would be helpful in the riots and mobs of today's society)... What do you think??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Yeah, you're not going to be very popular with Officer Johnson when he gets a lightning bolt up his armpit from touching your vehicle...

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Musk says a lot of Things.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Riots and mobs? Do you live in Portland? Do you watch fox "news". I'm guessing yes since you are calling protests , riots. So many questions on why you would need to electrify the skin of your vehicle. Do you live in an area where your vehicle gets broken into alot? Wouldn't you feel bad if you shocked innocent people who touched your nearly indestructible truck? No? Do you belong to a group that thinks boobytraps are fun?

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s indestructible, it seems they had some problems with the prototype during the unveil event.

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Boy that was a crazy mistake.
“”Hey OJ, try in these gloves””

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Tesla's legal department would give this suggestion a big thumbs down for liability reasons alone. Technically I think it would be easy to accomplish however.

OP
OP

Bseddy1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Riots and mobs? Do you live in Portland? Do you watch fox "news". I'm guessing yes since you are calling protests , riots. So many questions on why you would need to electrify the skin of your vehicle. Do you live in an area where your vehicle gets broken into alot? Wouldn't you feel bad if you shocked innocent people who touched your nearly indestructible truck? No? Do you belong to a group that thinks boobytraps are fun?

Wow, jump to conclusions much?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Musk has made comments about his desire for his products to have the ability to be defensive to threats ... "We want to be the leading provider of apocalypse technology" and the "saving summer sentry mode"... I was thinking it could be possible to have the cybertruck emit an electrical charge of a certain voltage for a split second through the metal exoskeleton to produce a light taser effect to anybody that touches it (many instances where this would be helpful in the riots and mobs of today's society)... What do you think??
FORD model - T door handles used engine electrical coil for this hack. Surely, time and technology could improve the deterrent factor.

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Cool idea - gives me Home Alone vibes! Probably wouldn’t be very difficult to DIY, not sure Tesla legal would go for it as others have stated.

One potential danger being that your vehicle might contact another piece of metal and weld itself to it! I’m sure you could adapt some taser circuitry to prevent this and other overcurrents. As far as unwitting passerby’s, pets, distracted passengers, handsy children, well those are just collateral damage ?

OP
OP

Bseddy1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
This idea is a play on what Musk has previously said combined with the novelties of having an all metal exoskeleton. Its meant for a novel discussion, and I'm not speculating this is actually going to happen nor am I necessarily advocating for it. I know the idea is ripe for wrongful assault suits, and for other abuses or misuses of that function, which would likely outweigh the potential benefit. Just saying putting two and two together - it is technically feasible.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
This idea is a play on what Musk has previously said combined with the novelties of having an all metal exoskeleton. Its meant for a novel discussion, and I'm not speculating this is actually going to happen nor am I necessarily advocating for it. I know the idea is ripe for wrongful assault suits, and for other abuses or misuses of that function, which would likely outweigh the potential benefit. Just saying putting two and two together - it is technically feasible.
You could use an electric fence. Some of them have solar panels so you don't even need to plug them in. The only challenge there is that one side of the unit needs ground.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...mile-solar-low-impedance-charger?cm_vc=IOPDP2

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What Elon could is have the car announce things like, "Step away from the car!" or "Warning-alarm system armed!" or things like that... like Kit on Knight Rider.
Sponsored