Delay when deactivating Cruise Control

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
It seems there is a 1 or 2 second delay when deactivating cruise control via the steering wheel button. Its instant with the brake. Why does it matter? Well sometimes I see a red light or traffic at a stand still well before the Adaptive cruise control and I want to be able to make a more gentle stop.

Anyone else notice this? On my Model Y it will instantly disable when you use the stalk or brake. Is there an official way to file a issue/bug report with Tesla?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Is it just not applying regen, or is it maintaining speed? Because when you hit the brake it's supposed to cut the motors and apply regen instantly.

That does seem annoying, but might be worth some investigating.

-Crissa

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Same here on the button push. I would call it just under a second. Depends on if one is going by actual stopping of TACC or the tone. Little more delay for tone.

For those who don't know. The scroll 📜wheel 🛞 is how you turn on cruise or turn off.

Feet is always instant.

TwilightHan

First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S, CT Beast Now Ordered
Country flag
That’s the design so the vehicle won’t all of a sudden start to decelerate via regen braking. It can be dangerous to do so. Other models behave that way also.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Sometimes when I’m in that situation where I want to slow down, I reduce the speed with the scroll button.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
That’s the design so the vehicle won’t all of a sudden start to decelerate via regen braking. It can be dangerous to do so. Other models behave that way also.
If it was dangerous to do so they would also delay me slamming my foot on the brake. Let's not wade into something ya just making up.

Well ok. It's shitty. Who determines the time? It seems like others think the delay is more than it should be. So now I have to plan ahead to turn off TACC? Seems counterintuitive. I want it to turn off when it does. I tried it on my 3. There is nothing compared to the delay on the CT.

Let's owners respond. Like the ones who own the truck now.

TwilightHan

First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S, CT Beast Now Ordered
Country flag
If it was dangerous to do so they would also delay me slamming my foot on the brake. Let's not wade into something ya just making up.

Well ok. It's shitty. Who determines the time? It seems like others think the delay is more than it should be. So now I have to plan ahead to turn off TACC? Seems counterintuitive. I want it to turn off when it does. I tried it on my 3. There is nothing compared to the delay on the CT.

Let's owners respond. Like the ones who own the truck now.
😂😂

OP
OP
Pops

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Every other model (except maybe the Highland M3?) has a instant deactivation. Its useful specifically because its instant. You can use it when you see an upcoming hazard and do not want to keep the vehicles momentum. Deactivating with the brake is for when you see an urgent hazard or emergency.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Best thing about 4 Tesla's driving all at once. You can ask them to test things for you. Negative is I ain't driving all of them. Still waiting on the others.
Sponsored