Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Would you have loved the Cybertruck if it were to look more like this?
The DeLorean sports car needs no introduction. It's one of those cars that aren't notably fast but has embedded itself in the American pop culture – thanks largely to Hollywood, specifically, the Back to the Future trilogy.
That's why when Tesla introduced the Cybertruck in November 2019, more than a handful of people couldn't help but see a resemblance between the Tesla pickup and the popular wedge-shaped sports car. We beg to disagree, though, as the Cybertruck is one of a Kind.

Admittedly, the DeLorean and the Cybertruck share a lot of things. Both have body panels made of brushed stainless steel. Both lack cuts and creases due to this body construction. Both also lack color options because of the stainless steel body's nature.

Truth be told, the DeLorean is arguably more acceptable than the Cybertruck in terms of design, and that is their major difference. But if the DeLorean were to be converted into a pickup truck, would you have loved it more than the Tesla?

We've found a rendering on Instagram to test that. Of note, we're not sure who made this rendering (embedded on top) and the original poster isn't sure either. But one thing's for sure – it's a clean look.

For what it's worth, we like the DeLorean pickup truck better than the Tesla one. It's more realistic and looks like something that isn’t hard to drive. Good thing the artist here dropped the gullwing doors because we can't imagine ourselves tiptoeing just to get the doors closed.
Then again, this is just a figment of imagination of heaven-knows-who. In reality, there's the Cybertruck, and it's only a matter of time before Elon Musk releases its production version to put everyone in awe again.
Source: undb1980 (Instagram)

https://www.motor1.com/news/441533/delorean-pickup-truck-rendering-instagram/

Tesla Cybertruck DeLorean Pick Up Truck Rendering Shows Tesla Cybertruck Connection 37FFC58C-3227-453B-A664-036E880D1C2A
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why would you have to tiptoe to get undr a gull-wing door on a tall truck?

The render is cute, but it looks hard to drive. The nose is so high it would block your view of the road.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
The DeLorean sports car needs no introduction. It's one of those cars that aren't notably fast but has embedded itself in the American pop culture – thanks largely to Hollywood, specifically, the Back to the Future trilogy.
That's why when Tesla introduced the Cybertruck in November 2019, more than a handful of people couldn't help but see a resemblance between the Tesla pickup and the popular wedge-shaped sports car. We beg to disagree, though, as the Cybertruck is one of a Kind.

Admittedly, the DeLorean and the Cybertruck share a lot of things. Both have body panels made of brushed stainless steel. Both lack cuts and creases due to this body construction. Both also lack color options because of the stainless steel body's nature.

Truth be told, the DeLorean is arguably more acceptable than the Cybertruck in terms of design, and that is their major difference. But if the DeLorean were to be converted into a pickup truck, would you have loved it more than the Tesla?

We've found a rendering on Instagram to test that. Of note, we're not sure who made this rendering (embedded on top) and the original poster isn't sure either. But one thing's for sure – it's a clean look.

For what it's worth, we like the DeLorean pickup truck better than the Tesla one. It's more realistic and looks like something that isn’t hard to drive. Good thing the artist here dropped the gullwing doors because we can't imagine ourselves tiptoeing just to get the doors closed.
Then again, this is just a figment of imagination of heaven-knows-who. In reality, there's the Cybertruck, and it's only a matter of time before Elon Musk releases its production version to put everyone in awe again.

37FFC58C-3227-453B-A664-036E880D1C2A.jpeg
Ha haa! Check out the double smokers window too! Pretty realistic. They could have built a few thousand of those, and been just as unsuccessful as the DMC...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ha haa! Check out the double smokers window too! Pretty realistic. They could have built a few thousand of those, and been just as unsuccessful as the DMC...
I think the original car was mostly unsuccessful for the factory shenanigans which sunk many a manufacturing endeavor in the English Isles during that era. The poor performance for the overweight body was probably part of it, too.

-Crissa

Joe Maw

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fairlane
Occupation
Miner
Country flag
I like the colour,thats about it.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I think the original car was mostly unsuccessful for the factory shenanigans which sunk many a manufacturing endeavor in the English Isles during that era. The poor performance for the overweight body was probably part of it, too.

-Crissa
The "overweight body" is a myth. The DeLorean weighs only 2,712 lbs, only 50 lbs heavier than the lightweight Porsche 911 SC of that same year (1981).

Yes, the disappointingly poor engine performance (130 hp) didn't helps sales. The European version of the PRV engine made 180 hp. In the lightweight DeLorean, this output would put it on par with the contemporary Ferrari. Alas, the DeLorean lost the 50 hp due to having to meet the US emissions regulations for that year. Even the 1981 Corvette only had 190 hp. If the company survived to 1983, John DeLorean had a twin turbo in development. Makes you wonder about the unrealized possibilities.

Although, my completely stock DeLorean doesn't feel lethargic to drive.
-----
I think the DeLorean truck rendering is short and uninspired. It looks like a Subaru Brat.

I'd prefer the Cybertruck.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Although, my completely stock DeLorean doesn't feel lethargic to drive.
-----
I think the DeLorean truck rendering is short and uninspiredIt looks like a Subaru Brat.

I'd prefer the Cybertruck.
I loved the Brat!

All the Deloreans I've sat in were nonfunctional so... Thanks for the info, There were alot of poorly detuned cars in that era.

-Crissa

Nathon

First Name
Nathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 , Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
If cybertruck looked like that...there’s no chance in hell I’d consider buying one. ??

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

37FFC58C-3227-453B-A664-036E880D1C2A.jpeg
I like the CT design better.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I give you.. the DMC-44. John Deloreans ACTUAL idea for a truck. And its way cooler than that rendering. Also imagined in this Video.

Tesla Cybertruck DeLorean Pick Up Truck Rendering Shows Tesla Cybertruck Connection DeLorean-DMC-44

Tesla Cybertruck DeLorean Pick Up Truck Rendering Shows Tesla Cybertruck Connection DeLorean-DMC-44-1

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I give you.. the DMC-44. John Deloreans ACTUAL idea for a truck. And its way cooler than that rendering. Also imagined in this Video.

DeLorean-DMC-44.jpg

DeLorean-DMC-44-1.png
Nice video. Elon must have watched this.
Sponsored