Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
I think the camera may have failed to capture all the rear lighting on the truck. Another night time video on this forum shows a full width running light. The CT has reflectors on both sides of the license plate and while the reflective background of the plate shows well in this video, the small reflectors are evident at times. I think the night vision of this camera is the problem. Here is a still frame from the Palo Alto night video
Tesla Cybertruck Digital camo Cybertruck in night time driving sighting [video] 68492243-9E6E-4843-9D60-DC7D5FD28225

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The wrap industry will be happy.

Also, there may be opportunity for the pesky graffiti artist to earn a lucrative, honest living.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
Is it an image artifact or does this look like it has turn signal indicators on the outside mirrors? First time I have seen that.
we'd know for sure if the driver had bothered to indicate that lane change.

Qishrink

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y. Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Pediatric Emergency Room Psychiatrist
Country flag
It is *very* poor by today's standards of making cars easy to see. Especially in inclement weather. I think this is a major fail actually. They weighted/went_for style instead of function and safety.
Why do we Tesla owners always find fault no matter what???

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
It's hard to get a good representation of taillights at night time with the camera on a phone. You have to get just the right exposure. It probably is going to be just fine in person.

Space monkey

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fat Cat
Occupation
Philosopher
Country flag
It is *very* poor by today's standards of making cars easy to see. Especially in inclement weather. I think this is a major fail actually. They weighted/went_for style instead of function and safety.
We’ll see how many CTs get rear ended by other Teslas on FSD…
Camo, atypical shape, small lights.
I hope part of the total testing process includes the computers learning to identify the CT.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Is it an image artifact or does this look like it has turn signal indicators on the outside mirrors? First time I have seen that.
I hope it does have indicators in the mirrors. Way better for visibility being higher up, other vehicles can see it through the windows of other cars. Pretty common in Europe for good reason.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
We’ll see how many CTs get rear ended by other Teslas on FSD…
Camo, atypical shape, small lights.
I hope part of the total testing process includes the computers learning to identify the CT.
I rented a YLR at the airport recently. A woman was asking across The crosswalk in front of me with her large suitcase at her side. The computer didn’t know what to make it it, so on the display it showed a trash can crossing in front of me. I couldn’t get my phone up quick enough because I was laughing so hard at the dancing trash can. I have no doubt all the others will get an update and a great graphic on the screen to represent the CT. But if not, maybe we’ll just be a traffic cone on our side.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That is very interesting, considering that the entire premise of the Cybertruck is function over form. I doubt this prediction will come true.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Someone mentioned not seeing turn signals in the front of the CT when turning and that maybe it was just a pre-production thing, but aren't turn signals required on the front by law? Do they have to be visible from the front and the side or just from the front?

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
That is very interesting, considering that the entire premise of the Cybertruck is function over form. I doubt this prediction will come true.
I see your point. I was suggesting they were using small aesthetics of little square/rectangle geometry to match their style and emphasis the massive SS.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I see your point. I was suggesting they were using small aesthetics of little square/rectangle geometry to match their style and emphasis the massive SS.
I have to say that the rear lights are unimpressive in size and shape, but if they throw out enough light and are visible (and at that height that shouldn't be an issue) I am fine.
Sponsored