cowtown

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 X, 2018 3
Country flag
I've never had any of my cars wrapped. This made it look like something I could try myself.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
The way it was cut from the edges seems like it would only be < 1/8" from the edges. Is that normal and would it peel off?

50Qk8bH.jpg

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
The way it was cut from the edges seems like it would only be < 1/8" from the edges. Is that normal and would it peel off?

50Qk8bH.jpg
It gets folder over on the side then heated to set. You can see them folding it over in the video when they open the door.

Doing it like this also hides the silver color when you view from an angle.

With the CT and it's nearly 90 degree angles on the edge, chances are it will lift in less than a year though. The alternative it cutting further out so you can wrap around the back edge. but you end up using more material for each panel and obviously taking more time.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
It gets folder over on the side then heated to set. You can see them folding it over in the video when they open the door.

Doing it like this also hides the silver color when you view from an angle.

With the CT and it's nearly 90 degree angles on the edge, chances are it will lift in less than a year though. The alternative it cutting further out so you can wrap around the back edge. but you end up using more material for each panel and obviously taking more time.
Thanks. Gotcha. I 100% get that they were trying to hid the SS edge ... for some reason I though the fold over would be at least 1/4". I've never looked at wraps close but I thought that is the way it was on my PPF.