Dodge Ram will be better than Ford F-150 Lightning

Bill906

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
There is another point to argue in this discussion. The bigger battery will charge faster than the smaller battery for the same amount of energy.
For example the amount of time needed to put 300 miles into a 300 mile battery will take longer than putting 300 miles into a 400 mile battery.
Advertisement

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There is another point to argue in this discussion. The bigger battery will charge faster than the smaller battery for the same amount of energy.
For example the amount of time needed to put 300 miles into a 300 mile battery will take longer than putting 300 miles into a 400 mile battery.
While that's true, it's only at specific break points and travel distances. Highway interchange charge points like at Bend won't see a benefit of bigger batteries really.

Bigger batteries also have the problem of being more expensive and fewer cars on the road with the same number of cells built. That slows adopting and spread of charge points.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Obviously a bigger battery takes longer to charge. But I'm talking about super chargers here, not destination charging. Big battery means you are more likely to make your trip WITHOUT using a super charger. If range was 1 mile, you'd need a charger on every corner. If range was 1000 miles you'd almost never need a super charger. I don't know why you would say no.

Here in Canada the distances are vast, charging network is limited, and cold weather kills range.
where in Canada are you? I'm a fellow canuck and there are a lot of chargers in my neck of BC.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
This cracks me up. So many people have bought Model 3 or Model Y while waiting for the Cybertruck. It's like a reverse add-on sale.
Question about that - are you keeping the M3 when you get your CT or are you selling it / trading it in? If you aren't keeping it, do you anticipate a financial loss in that eventual exchange?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Question about that - are you keeping the M3 when you get your CT or are you selling it / trading it in? If you aren't keeping it, do you anticipate a financial loss in that eventual exchange?
I have a Model Y. I haven't decided if I'm keeping it or not. There are 2 of us so there will be a second car, might sell it for something more affordable like the Arcimoto.

Seems like right now used Model Ys are in high demand and I might be able to get nearly as much for it as I paid. (I bought when the base price was $49k for the LR so getting a new one is $3000 more now). In 9-18 months when I expect my Cybertruck... who knows what it'll look like.

Advertisement

Advertisement