Does the Delivery Situation in Texas Affect Country-wide Delivery?

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I think it's already known that Tesla won't deliver the Cybertruck based on "place in line" so it's sort of been established that they would deliver them based on distance to the factory. Since Tesla can't (yet, and maybe not anytime soon) sell Cybertrucks in Texas directly, does anyone think it possible that Tesla will simply start delivering Cybertrucks to states outside of Texas and deliver CTs in Texas at a small scale since it's more difficult?
Sponsored

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
I think it's already known that Tesla won't deliver the Cybertruck based on "place in line" so it's sort of been established that they would deliver them based on distance to the factory. Since Tesla can't (yet, and maybe not anytime soon) sell Cybertrucks in Texas directly, does anyone think it possible that Tesla will simply start delivering Cybertrucks to states outside of Texas and deliver CTs in Texas at a small scale since it's more difficult?
I was getting ready to post the exact same question.
If it was any other state where they could deliver locally, I would assume they would deliver there first.

I was getting my hopes up that I may get an earlier delivery based some assumptions.
1. Dual motors delivered first.
2. Deliver locally first.

But I remembered the funky rules Texas has about buying cars directly from the maker.
The Texas legislature just finished their session yesterday. I haven't heard about any changes on this. They wont meet again for two years. Bah

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
When/If the time comes where there is something to deliver and we have a better idea what is being delivered, in absence of info from Tesla, we could use this thread (or a spreadsheet) to post our data so we can see/verify how Tesla distribution for CT works.

Information like:

Reservation Number
Trim level and options
Date delivered
Country/State

Hopefully this is not detailed enough to give potential thieves a to-do list. But if you are not as paranoid as I am, may be you can add a reaction video/photo to help with the wait for the rest of us.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m on the coast of Georgia, so... hoping that’s good for the locality aspect...

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
If I understand correctly, the trucks will have to be shipped past state lines before being shipped to buyers in Texas. So maybe all the states next to Texas now have the best chance of getting them first. This whole situation
is ridiculous.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
I was getting ready to post the exact same question.
If it was any other state where they could deliver locally, I would assume they would deliver there first.

I was getting my hopes up that I may get an earlier delivery based some assumptions.
1. Dual motors delivered first.
2. Deliver locally first.

But I remembered the funky rules Texas has about buying cars directly from the maker.
The Texas legislature just finished their session yesterday. I haven't heard about any changes on this. They wont meet again for two years. Bah
So are we getting into another "Smokey And The Bandit" scenario? For all you "kids" out there ask your dad exactly what the Bandit was a'hauling.

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Elon should convince Mexico to open an "Embassy" at the factory site, so they could drive the CT to "foreign soil" and back. For a modest import/export fee, of course
only 3 miles from Boca Chica to Mexico, and closest border to Austin... just sayin.....

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
I bet we have 30 Teslas in our neighborhood and they didnt all have to go out of state to buy. When talking to one of them they said their purchase was handled as an "online out of state" transaction at the Tesla dealer vs being sold directly through the local TX Tesla dealers. Once their car was ready they picked it up at the local dealer.

Is the truck being singled out, or is it an issue that the factory is in TX?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I bet we have 30 Teslas in our neighborhood and they didnt all have to go out of state to buy. When talking to one of them they said their purchase was handled as an "online out of state" transaction at the Tesla dealer vs being sold directly through the local TX Tesla dealers. Once their car was ready they picked it up at the local dealer.

It is Tesla and Texas in general. And it is absurd.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
All Tesla cars sold in Texas so far have been shipped in from out of state.

So while they can pick them up from a show room, it's unclear whether they have to ship them to some other state first.

-Crissa

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
It is Tesla and Texas in general. And it is absurd.
Yep, pretty stupid to have absurd laws that impact a company spending $billions in your state and employing thousands of people. We are usually very business friendly which has contributed tremendously to our economy and property values aver the last 5-10 years. It is disappointing to hear we are not being business friendly in this case, for no logical reason.

Last edited: