SARC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD CT FS, 2023 Model S Long Range
Country flag
The purchase of my CT was approved by the board (wife) because I told her she could use it to carry her 2x 80lb Belgian Mals around in it. By some complete miracle of chance, the dog crates we have (Ruff Land Kennels X-Large Kennel) are an absolutely perfect fit in the bed, 2 side by side.

They fit just nicely underneath the roof line, and they stop about 1 inch short of the top of the bed locker, so it can be easily opened with the crates in. I attached the 2 crates together using some secret outdoor materials (2x4s coated in garage floor epoxy, with color chips for added style) and added stays on each side so they sit in the center of the bed and don't move left / right.

I used the 2 L-Track attachments already in the bed and attached them to the crates using turnbuckles to prevent forwards / backwards movement. I already have an overhead winch system in the garage for other purposes, so I fitted a hoop on the top of the package so I can easily lift the whole thing out of the bed in one go.

Next is working on "Cybercrate" logos :cool:

Tesla Cybertruck Dog Crates in Bed Vault! Thank you Tesla for building the Cybertruck around them IMG_2719

Tesla Cybertruck Dog Crates in Bed Vault! Thank you Tesla for building the Cybertruck around them IMG_2720

Tesla Cybertruck Dog Crates in Bed Vault! Thank you Tesla for building the Cybertruck around them IMG_2721

Tesla Cybertruck Dog Crates in Bed Vault! Thank you Tesla for building the Cybertruck around them IMG_2722

Tesla Cybertruck Dog Crates in Bed Vault! Thank you Tesla for building the Cybertruck around them IMG_2723
Sponsored

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
Nice! We have two spoiled dogs (Aussie cattle mixes) who are going to get a nice dog hammock in the back row of the cabin. Have fun!

Rud

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 2x Lexus, Tahoe, 4Runner, model x, tractor,
Occupation
Rancher
Country flag
Super cool. Do you think one of those crate would fit in the backseat with the seat up? I live in a cold climate and wondering if I could slide a kennel in the back with the seats up.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Meant to be!

Weird question but what is the inner width of the kennel? Looks narrow. The camera playing tricks?

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
Snug fit is good..

I hope the unintentional tonneau activation does not hurt anything..

Steer clear of the bumps.. or aero-trim flap may suffer.

OP
OP

SARC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Super cool. Do you think one of those crate would fit in the backseat with the seat up? I live in a cold climate and wondering if I could slide a kennel in the back with the seats up.
That size of crate doesn’t fit, even with the seat folded up. We are in California so cold isn’t a major issue.

OP
OP

SARC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Meant to be!

Weird question but what is the inner width of the kennel? Looks narrow. The camera playing tricks?
iPhone fish eye I think. Inner width at the widest part is 21.5”

DisneyJedi

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 MS75D, 2018 MXP100D; Cyber and Roadster reser
Country flag
Speaking of dogs. I have 2 Basenjis. They r always airline crated in my MS and MX. I will b trading in my X for CT. I need crates that will either sit on floor or b attached to the seats.

B’s r 20 #’s
Tesla Cybertruck Dog Crates in Bed Vault! Thank you Tesla for building the Cybertruck around them image000000

Wondering if any one has found a good quality crate. I will need 2. My CT is ordered, no VIN. The service tech in Long Bch, let me take a quick look. At a CT being prepared for delivery. Would never have requested ability to measure or touch someone else’s vehicle. Perhaps some CT pet owners have kennels or could provide dimensions of seats (down) and folded. Our “kids” only ride in the cab with us. We doggie ppl know we must also consider loading, ability to open crate doors and doggie comfort (ability to see out) and of course crate destruction ( perhaps a Basenji problem…they can b very destructive, cunning and r escape artists). Thank you for your attention. Sorry if this was boring to non pet owners.
Congrats to all u current owners. Thank u in advance for any info.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD on order
Country flag
Speaking of dogs. I have 2 Basenjis. They r always airline crated in my MS and MX. I will b trading in my X for CT. I need crates that will either sit on floor or b attached to the seats.

B’s r 20 #’s
image000000.jpeg

Wondering if any one has found a good quality crate. I will need 2. My CT is ordered, no VIN. The service tech in Long Bch, let me take a quick look. At a CT being prepared for delivery. Would never have requested ability to measure or touch someone else’s vehicle. Perhaps some CT pet owners have kennels or could provide dimensions of seats (down) and folded. Our “kids” only ride in the cab with us. We doggie ppl know we must also consider loading, ability to open crate doors and doggie comfort (ability to see out) and of course crate destruction ( perhaps a Basenji problem…they can b very destructive, cunning and r escape artists). Thank you for your attention. Sorry if this was boring to non pet owners.
Congrats to all u current owners. Thank u in advance for any info.
I had two Basenjis about 30 years ago. They were amazing escape artists, haha!!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The purchase of my CT was approved by the board (wife) because I told her she could use it to carry her 2x 80lb Belgian Mals around in it. By some complete miracle of chance, the dog crates we have (Ruff Land Kennels X-Large Kennel) are an absolutely perfect fit in the bed, 2 side by side.

They fit just nicely underneath the roof line, and they stop about 1 inch short of the top of the bed locker, so it can be easily opened with the crates in. I attached the 2 crates together using some secret outdoor materials (2x4s coated in garage floor epoxy, with color chips for added style) and added stays on each side so they sit in the center of the bed and don't move left / right.

I used the 2 L-Track attachments already in the bed and attached them to the crates using turnbuckles to prevent forwards / backwards movement. I already have an overhead winch system in the garage for other purposes, so I fitted a hoop on the top of the package so I can easily lift the whole thing out of the bed in one go.

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg
Nice rig, but you cannot close the tonneau so you need that winch.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

Did you attach it to the floor hooks to keep the crates from lifting off the bed when going over humps?

OP
OP

SARC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you attach it to the floor hooks to keep the crates from lifting off the bed when going over humps?
No. The theory is the crates will only be in the bed when there are dogs in them, so the weight of the 80lb dogs will keep the crates weighted down. We’ll see if that theory holds out.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag

IMG_2719.jpg
Great demonstration of the L-tracks (and proof that they should have put a couple of those tracks on the floor as well).

I have a CNC that can do engraving if you need help making the logos. PM me.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There's plenty of room to add insulation in those photos.

Toss a bed inside, a thermal comforter over the boxes, and strap down a tarp or wool over that to keep the wind out and you've got a cozy place for them to sleep away the miles.

No. The theory is the crates will only be in the bed when there are dogs in them, so the weight of the 80lb dogs will keep the crates weighted down. We’ll see if that theory holds out.
The weight is never sufficient, but this should work unless you hit a major bump. Especially with a line across the top from the L-track.

-Crissa
Sponsored