Don't Know Where This Belongs

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
When I watch the current drone footage over Austin, I'm thinking that viewing along with me are Tesla's competitors such as GM, Ford, Polestar, Lucid, .... (They watch in case they benefit from a fallout tip, see a flaw that will make them smile, or just out of general professional interest.)

I picture them saying, "Lordy, they seem to know what they're doing, and it could be ahead of schedule. Worse for us, this is one of many Tesla plants, and there's likely more progress being made that we can't see than what's here out in the open. So a year from now (if not already), Tesla will have us firmly by the ball-joints."
Sponsored

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I watched the most recent footage and tried to get a count of workers. I got up to 50 or so and then realized that an accurate count was impossible because the area is so big and people are in motion, in machinery , in holes and otherwise out of sight. I did notice a couple of parking areas where it looks like most of the workers parked. If the drone would stop at those areas long enough to get an accurate count it might be possible to get a feel for how many workers were on site at a given time.