First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
(I promise there's a point)

So my clothes washer died after seventeen years of near daily service. It was one of those special large, commercial-sized but all-in-one ventless units. It wasn't without its quirks, I had to tear it down every other year and fix something, clean out the heater coils in the tub and drier loop. I'd replaced pumps five times, the drain hose, the valve array, and the door sensor and the main motor alignment sensor. But if you followed the instructions, you'd hand it half a dozen pairs of jeans at bedtime and get back warm, clean ones come morning.

Now, since we moved into this cabin, we left our full-sized refrigerator behind. It had a little fridge, one that I tested, and it managed energy-star efficiency, despite its rather pedestrian looks. My spouse hated it. It made weird noises at all hours, its temperature was inconsistent, and the doors sometimes popped open. It had the shelves in the doors molded in place, so you couldn't choose sizes, and as the little doors broke, you were just left with unusable shelves.. I also hated it: It didn't fit, it was rusty, the shelves in the freezer were angled just so that if you put anything to the ends, the door couldn't close. Literally all the shelves overlapped the door shelves, which made it a pain. Who would design a shelf that if anything slide forward, it would open the door? It was also impossible to keep clean, the glass didn't come out and the plastic was brittle.

And now, today, I had to haul a new fridge over several hundred meters because the delivery driver couldn't manage getting around a pothole or past a couple poorly parked things - although the brick-delivery flatbed bigger than their panel truck did it and the propane truck just did it yesterday. And they didn't take the old fridge or the packing material and now I see the fridge has a dent in the stainless corner that will face the kitchen!

Argh. All this would be prevented by us having a truck of our own we could carry stuff in. Like those bricks.

*sigh* I need my truck. And I wanted to take an epic camping roadtrip in it. My car turns 10 this year.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

So my clothes washer died after seventeen years of near daily service. It was one of those special large, commercial-sized but all-in-one ventless units. It wasn't without its quirks, I had to tear it down every other year and fix something, clean out the heater coils in the tub and drier loop. I'd replaced pumps five times, the drain hose, the valve array, and the door sensor and the main motor alignment sensor. But if you followed the instructions, you'd hand it half a dozen pairs of jeans at bedtime and get back warm, clean ones come morning.

Now, since we moved into this cabin, we left our full-sized refrigerator behind. It had a little fridge, one that I tested, and it managed energy-star efficiency, despite its rather pedestrian looks. My spouse hated it. It made weird noises at all hours, its temperature was inconsistent, and the doors sometimes popped open. It had the shelves in the doors molded in place, so you couldn't choose sizes, and as the little doors broke, you were just left with unusable shelves.. I also hated it: It didn't fit, it was rusty, the shelves in the freezer were angled just so that if you put anything to the ends, the door couldn't close. Literally all the shelves overlapped the door shelves, which made it a pain. Who would design a shelf that if anything slide forward, it would open the door? It was also impossible to keep clean, the glass didn't come out and the plastic was brittle.

And now, today, I had to haul a new fridge over several hundred meters because the delivery driver couldn't manage getting around a pothole or past a couple poorly parked things - although the brick-delivery flatbed bigger than their panel truck did it and the propane truck just did it yesterday. And they didn't take the old fridge or the packing material and now I see the fridge has a dent in the stainless corner that will face the kitchen!

Argh. All this would be prevented by us having a truck of our own we could carry stuff in. Like those bricks.

*sigh* I need my truck. And I wanted to take an epic camping roadtrip in it. My car turns 10 this year.

-Crissa
I feel you. I haven't been infatuated with anything like the CT. Adventure calls.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Owning a truck is a type of independence. It is a superpower. We sold our Tundra a bit too early, but I figured the Cybertruck would be here by now or very soon.

Having to get plywood a couple weeks ago and get it cut in advance and not exactly how I would do it myself because I need to fit it in the Model Y.

Likewise getting 10 foot sticks of copper and PVC pipe and needing to cut them at the HW store.

Having a giant pile of hoes in my Model Y.

Needing to take our Subaru up through a gauntlet of brush and getting pinstriped.

Really would like that Cybertruck like last year.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
And I gotta say, my old hand truck has not seen this much work since we moved here. Not much call for it on a mountain!

And such, the hard part going down the trail from the ally to the cabin we'd have had to do anyhow.

But not the trek from the corner, down the road, to the ally, down the steep cobbles the neighbor paved with, to the unpaved part that the delivery trucks turn around in...

*sigh*. And I still have to figure out how to get the old ones gone, since the truck left without them.

-Crissa

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Yesterday I replaced the second time the muffler on my old RAV4.
I do not complain. It was good enough to evade a truck running at the contraflow line on me . But the sound of brocken muffler, well, you know it...
I am missing my CT
?

Last edited:

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I feel ya on all counts. I'm going stir crazy wanting to get out of the house and do yardwork projects, but all I have is a damn Honda Accord and cant haul hardly anything around unless I do 100 runs. I have such an electric vehicle bug too wanting to get ebikes for now to get me by(spouse said no to that - something about me having to choose between ebikes and a CT and that we aren't made of money - peh). Ugh someone get me out of this house - the walls are closing in fast!

Fwiw my new stainless steel fridge too was dented by the movers - ran it right into the side of the brick; no apology (smh).

Toonces

First Name
Meow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Country flag

-Crissa
I purchased the last refrigerator with a dent already in the front of the black stainless to negate the preloaded anguish of the impending event…plus it was cheaper.