Dual Motor CT will be $75K. Change my mind.

Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
I thought the point of the CyberTruck being affordable was due to a few factors:
No painting needed
4680 batteries
The design making the production cheaper

Based on this, the dual motor could be $60,000

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
The price has nothing to do with how many people will adopt EV's, that is determined by how many EV's Tesla can manufacture. They will all get sold, the price only affects who will buy them and how long they have to wait. Yes, people with more money get the goods in highest demand first because they are able to pay more. Like it or not, that's how capitalism works.
For sure.
I just wanted to say that even those that are not rich should have the chance to have an EV, and the CT's initial price was great.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, CT3 w/FSD coming
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Originally, the Tesla Cybertruck was priced out in three separate trims of varying MSRPs:

$49,900. Single motor
$59,900 Dual motor
$79,900. Tri motor
Those were not the original numbers.

These were
$39.9k CT1
$49.9k CT2
$69.9k CT3

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
Spoken like a true communist.
People are asking for the price to be raised, not because they want to deny from anybody, but because the last thing they want is the Cybertruck to be crippled into a Hollywood global warming photo op machine
Could be, but I'm not.
Everyone has the duty to find a better-paid job.!!!
" They certainly have no right to bypass the laws ", but this is what "some" do to have more money to buy "EVs"!!
We don´t need to proceed with this, it would be irrelevant to the forum.

I don´t know if there's a poll about the main usage the CTs will have, but 70% (just a number, but it will be high) will be a showoff/"Hollywood"/"Youtube" car, then a family/commuting car and 5% a working car!!
Again, just number!!!

I have a dual in preorder because of the initial price, the mileage, the features and the look (different from the others). And just hope to have it by 2024/2025!!!

Cherokee180C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
I "liked" your post but wanted to point out that Tesla cannot displace sales of all ICE trucks at the beginning. I bring this up because it means Tesla doesn't have to compete with light trucks that do long-distance hauling. That is a very limited and specialized market that will be solved years down the road. Only a tiny fraction of goods are moved inter-state by light trucks because it is uneconomical. The bulk of the work done by light pickups is well within one county or a small multi-county area. Tradesmen need to remain competitive and that's harder to do the further they have to drive each day.
This market would be very easy to estimate based on the sale of Horse Trailers, RV trailers and Trucks overlayed with usage surveys. I am sure this data is not unknown in a general market sense. My only point is that an EV vehicle that can’t compete with a Diesel or Gas truck is a failure. When have you known Tesla to go into a market and not crush the competition in performance specs? 0-60 times are not performance specs in the truck world. Payload, towing capacity, durability and range are the only specs that matter really. My guess is they optimize for the low end cost weekend warrior / Hollywood photo op global warming crowd, and produce a very expensive limited capacity monster performance 4 motor version. I will be buying a Diesel truck if Tesla ops to pretend to be a truck vs. killing the specs. My guess is they will not disappoint.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Country flag
Cost 2 Build
Battery while cutting out Cadmium and Nickle even with Non-Cadmium Non-Nickle LFP the battery is still to $ expensive.
Why?
Lithium $ cost this year has gone up 500%
Now
LFP (no Cd no Ni) is a game changer, but we have seen Tesla lowest $ cost EvCar is now $60,000 so in my opinion a low cost EvTruck will start at $80,000 and $80k is not sustainable seller.
Yes
A few Ev die hard buyers will get a second morgue on their homes to buy a $80,000 EvTruck but worldwide a $80,000 truck (Ev or Ice) is not sellable.
Cost 2 Build
What we are seeing from the automotive industry:

Rivian $90k Ford $80k Chevy $90k and Tesla will it be $80k-$90k?

Tesla Majic
If Tesla somehow can make a EvTruck for $30,000 less than all the other manufactures can.
Well, that would be miraculous!
I do not think it is going to happen! $30,000 is a lot of manufacturing corners to cut and still put out a quality EvTruck but who knows.
Today
$80,000 is what it $ costs to build an EvTruck,

but
$80,000 will kill the EvTruck industry. $80,000 truck (Ev or Ice) even in America is not affordable and not sellable.
People once again miss the true value, the cost of ownership is legitimately less. You pay to OWN an asset, instead of paying for a truck and gas, you pay far less in electric costs.

Whatever, let em cancel. I'll buy mine.

Cherokee180C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
DFW,

I guess you have not been truck shopping in a while, a decent diesel Duely is $95 to $105K & they are so in demand you can barely find them. Your 85K kills the EV truck market is just not true. But at that price, no one is playing around. Better have the performance to justify the price.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma TRD Pro + Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I can’t see the “base” Standard Range Dual Motor Cybertruck being priced any lower than $70k.

I predict many of the standard features shown during the 2019 reveal such as the blade light, powered tonneau cover, etc. will be optional.

For comparison a Dual Motor Rivian R1T is estimated to be $70k when it’s released in 2024.

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
First impressions are important in marketing. Tesla won't want all the negative hype on release to be about how expensive the Cybertruck is. They will want the hype to be about how great it is. I think they will start with a reasonable price, test demand then start slowly raising. They are in it for the long game and first impressions matter. Ford is doing it nicely with the Lightning and Rivian botched it.

OP
OP

Bob Anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonota
Country flag
First impressions are important in marketing. Tesla won't want all the negative hype on release to be about how expensive the Cybertruck is. They will want the hype to be about how great it is. I think they will start with a reasonable price, test demand then start slowly raising. They are in it for the long game and first impressions matter. Ford is doing it nicely with the Lightning and Rivian botched it.
I agree. A lot of good press will come from an underpriced CT at launch, or at least underpriced compared to the competition. After it is established as a real competitor beyond price, the price will increase in chunks just like all other models.

Cherokee180C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
The truck with reasonable specs (not single motor model) will not be priced less than the Model Y LR. Never going to happen IMHO They will end up pulling significant sales from the Y to the truck. Tesla has so much room now on pricing with Ford, Rivian, and GM raising their truck prices and their current pricing actions show they will never leave money on the table. Wish all you want, but this is never going to happen. Only thing likely is they kill the upper model specs to keep costs down, and that is a lose lose situation IMHO.

CYBERBACKPACK