Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You mentioned that the interior resembles the Y and 3. Is this because of the layout of the screens? Keep in mind that the Cybertruck is set to launch with the largest screen Tesla has ever produced, just under 19 inches. It's also introducing Tesla's first powered Frunk, along with rear-wheel steering.

Additionally, there's a new manufacturing process and a suite of cameras that no other Tesla has. Yet, despite all these advancements plus what i mentioned previously, it's still expected to be cheaper? I'll reserve judgment until I see it, but I'm inclined to think you might be mistaken. I hope not, but that's my impression for now.
'We' didn't set the original prices or the specs. That was Tesla. All of these features, original or new, were dictated by Elon, not by consumers. Yes, the 4WS was probably necessary given how long the Cybertruck 'was' and early driving experiences by Elon, but it was his decision. The pricing may very well initially be high, but that doesn't mean that the consumer has to be happy about it, especially if we have been planning on a specific price for 4 years. 60% isn't a drop in the bucket for many, and even people who won't qualify for the tax rebate don't just throw $30K around.

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
People your are forgetting using a whole new 800v architecture with 1 mw charging capabilities.

The design and r&d with that alone must've been massive, prob co developed with the semi. Stainless steel is still way more expensive now then first debut in 2019. When the whole car is covered in it add significant cost. Like they can't even try to replace the stainless steel with a cheaper material.

Would be interesting if they offered stamped steel with paint. Would it be worth $10-15k less. But initially I think dual motor will be right under $80k for the first 6-8 months. To me that price is fairly accurate to competitors pricing.
But isn't the primary purpose of the 800v architecture, 48v low voltage, and the new 4860 battery architecture to reduce manufacturing cost by improving efficiency of manufacturing? As far as I am aware, that is why those systems were developed, not because they offer some massive difference in performance to consumers, but because they should reduce the cost to manufacture the vehicles (once the technology/manufacturing is mature).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Reservation holders simply have to look at the BEV pickup competition already on the market to get an idea regarding new MSRP’s. Nothing on the market is inexpensive other than the fleet focused $52k Lightning Pro which is virtually impossible to order.

-A 2024 Dual Motor Lightning Flash/Lariat will start at $72k
-A Dual Motor Rivian R1T with a large battery pack starts around $80k

The technology in the Cybertruck will blow both of them out of the water. Neither one has RWS, 800 volt charging architecture, 48 volt electrical system, super durable stainless steel exterior, aluminum Giga castings front and rear, steer-by-wire technology (maybe), no handles anywhere on the vehicle, heat pump HVAC technology, superior software, access to the painless Supercharging network, etc.

The Canoo pickup will be the only truly affordable pickup if it ever goes into production. The truck is basically a 21st century version of the old VW air-cooled pickup truck.

Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900? B70D2719-0C75-49A0-A86D-B98A1C530310
Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900? 78B58E54-7625-45DE-A931-A3BDB967D41F

Last edited:

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
obviously this could have been edited -- ie. inspected tesla page
UPDATE: also that seems like it would be the filename (ie. file within the documents folder)
---
CyberTruck 𝕏 @day_to_Mars
22m
🔥 CyberTruck $68K
Anonymous user posted in a Facebook Group.

Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900? 3uEp3ML

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
oh for sure

that said and separately:

if a vehicle with the weight, tire size, and drag of the CT are to achieve anything like the previously stated speed and power stats, that‘s got to come from somewhere

can’t imagine you can just plop eg the Model S standard motors in a CT and get there
4.5 second 0-60 is likely achievable with MYP or base X motors. typically we estimate 100lbs = .1 seconds. So 1000lbs more would make it 4.5ish

Model X is a big boi and does 3.8 seconds 0-60 without plaid motors. Add 1000lbs to that and we are around 4.8. If they pushed the motors harder they could get lower.

P100D motors on model X had it under 3 didn't they?

The 2.9 would likely require plaid motors which is why I said 1 variant might.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
$68k would be a awesome MSRP for the DM. It would undercut a comparable R1T or Lightning by thousands of dollars.

Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900? 1698359595174

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
$68k would be a awesome MSRP for the DM. It would undercut a comparable R1T or Lightning by thousands of dollars.

1698359595174.jpeg
I wish it was real but I just went and checked..

Also, why would it just be under documents?

what it really looks like
Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900? 1698360194504

also, that reservation number is really low

Last edited:

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cyber Truck
Occupation
Research
Country flag
'We' didn't set the original prices or the specs. That was Tesla. All of these features, original or new, were dictated by Elon, not by consumers. Yes, the 4WS was probably necessary given how long the Cybertruck 'was' and early driving experiences by Elon, but it was his decision. The pricing may very well initially be high, but that doesn't mean that the consumer has to be happy about it, especially if we have been planning on a specific price for 4 years. 60% isn't a drop in the bucket for many, and even people who won't qualify for the tax rebate don't just throw $30K around.
What makes you think CT will use plaid motors? We've seen no confirmation of this Maybe 1 variant will.

A big battery pack is expensive but once again, that was already considered at unveil. Plus rumors say highest range right now will be in the 300s. Which likely wouldn't require a much bigger pack.

Plus, if the battery day stats are to be believed, batteries are getting cheaper.

V2G hasn't been confirmed either. If anything Elon has said no multiple times.

And normal plugs in the bed were already considered at unveil.
See link:

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
For “Dual Motor” reservation holders only.

We are just over a month away from the official pricing announcement for the Cybertruck trim levels.

If a standard battery pack Dual Motor Cybertruck MSRP’s for $79,900 are you still following through with your purchase?

ECEF4947-1C4A-4241-A74D-AD931A45E1DE.jpeg
No. $79,900 or a 60% price increase would make me walk away. I reserved the Dual Motor CT because at $49,900 it was a great value for an EV.

If it is more, that increase needs to be explainable.

It doesn't make sense that at $79,900 it will be approximately $25,000 more than a dual motor performance Model Y with added paint, wheels, interior and tow hitch options (priced today):
Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900? Screenshot_20231026-200337_Edge

Elon remarked that if the CT was priced at the X or S levels that it would only be a niche model. I hope Tesla hasn't changed the product positioning for this truck, i.e. domination.

Last edited:

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cyber Truck
Occupation
Research
Country flag
Dont get confused with a tri-motor vs tri-motor plaid. Plaid has carbon wrapped motors for high rpm. Regular tri-motor does not.
Lol... the tri motor setup is plaid....

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
Lol... the tri motor setup is plaid....
I do not know that is true.
Three motor design doesnt mean carbon wrapped motors.
Plaid requires carbon wrapped motors.

I havent seen anything that says tri-motor has carbon wrapped motors. Could have missed it. I have seen that Plaid requires carbon wrapped motors.
Sponsored

Last edited: