Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Colorado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had a Honda truck for several years and found dual-swing tailgate and the trunk to be two of the most useful features on the vehicle.
The Honda truck had a roll-and-lock cover. When I was traveling, I had enough room in the trunk for a couple of suitcases.
All I had to do was unlock the cover and swing the tailgate open sideways and grab my stuff out of the trunk.
I found I seldom had enough load in the back to cover the trunk hatch. .
If the batteries leave enough room, an insulated trunk would be great.
Sponsored

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Thats interesting...imagine if they include a really robust hvac that could “chill” the vault. You could grab refrigerated groceries, and then hit Home Depot for a while without worrying about cold things spoiling. Turn the vault into a mini fridge - actually, more like a mega fridge hah. Obviously not a need to have, keeping the vault only at 60 degrees while would be pretty neat. Insulation could deal with both heat loss and sound deadening.

Or maybe a small insulated oem box that tapped into the back hvac ports - then the area would be much easier and efficient to keep cool (or warm). I suppose you could always just throw a mini fridge back there and plug it in...but that’s too easy. ?

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Strange, I assumed that the HVAC service to the bed would be via the passthru. You only want so many holes in the cabin and in the bed.

They make several fridges that would easily run off the AC available in the bed.

If I was Dometic or ARB or any of those companies, I would be trying to get the exact dimensions of the 'trunk' size under the bed for the CyberTruck and work on prototyping some models... but I am guessing that that area is too small to be useful for a fridge, considering the amount of space lost to the insulation and electronics....

Probably just easier for them to make a stainless steel skinned fridge to match and call it a day.
Sponsored