edkaine

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic, Hyundai Tucson, have a Tesla Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
OT, RFT (Occupational Therapist and Registered Functional Therapist)
Country flag
TBH, i am wondering in a normal world how many will throw rocks at your windows, just to see if they can break them......
Fortunately the Tesla Sentry Mode video cameras have been catching people already who were slashing tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CyberCop

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
Is this on all Tesla vehicles?
I had no idea.....so cool...

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
The Cybertruck depends on the electric grid for recharging. The apocalypse will takeout the grid. The military runs on diesel/ jet A. The post apocalyptic Cybertruck will need a diesel generator in the vault (or trailer with one) or a Cyberdiesel tanker with built in diesel generator to accompany it.
I intend to charge my truck using rooftop solar. Grid security is a real issue in times of war.

mattcatt

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-3, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Maybe we can have pepper spray/gun ports fitted. and run-flats.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Is this on all Tesla vehicles?
I had no idea.....so cool...
Yes, all the cameras are so any Tesla can do Full Self Drive, but they help in other ways also. All you have to do is put in a formatted flash drive, so it can record any incidents and put it in Sentry mode. It will use a bit more energy while it's on.
Watch some Youtube video's, it's wild how different a Tesla is from the competition.

Last edited:

Riptide

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps
Country flag
With what’s going on in some major city’s in America today I am sure some folks would like to have had the Cybertruck instead of a conventional vehicle.
Except for the tires and possibly the windshield I would think the Cybertruck would fair pretty well against fire, rocks and such. At least you would not lose the entire vehicle I would hope.
What are the thoughts of members on the durability of this vehicle in a apocalyptic world?
Do you mean to say that the Cybertruck would be good protection against the police? Here in Los Angeles, as in other cities, the police are instigating violence. They have been caught on video defacing and burning their own police vehicles, as well as initiating violence against peaceful protestors. Also, many of those found initiation violence, tagging, and looting have been found to be from out of town.

Obviously the situation is complex, but what I describe is also true.. I am white guy born into the privilege of the middle class here in Los Angeles, but I’m not going to ignore the truth of what is happening.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It is only bullet proof for small calibers, making it bullet proof for higher calibers would make it very heavy and expensive. I believe it will stop a 9mm bullet but not a 10mm bullet.
TBH i am surprised Tesla's lawyers aren't all over any claim of the CT being bulletproof. Open the company up to lawsuits if someone takes a slug through the door.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
I’m sure a 3rd part manufacture will come up with self righting, in the vault actuators that will automatically sense the vehicles position and take appropriate action to not only put the vehicle back upright but also address the threat that caused this and eliminate it.
Just saying
Yes I hope the CT is programmed to WAIT after being turned over, until its attackers venture too near and THEN it suddenly flips back over, SMOOSH! Like a Transformer would be in a lawless society...

Cybertesla7

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Pharma
Country flag
A production vehicle, car or truck has obviously a far less protective envelope. Both body and glass.
Cybertruck is far closer to an Armoured Personnel Carrier than any other production vehicle.

Do you think Police forces and people need to be looking to make their vehicles into Armoured Personnel Carrier’s, or would it be better to society, safer for society to remove the need for such protection !

Police forces in the U.S. for some time have been getting hand me down military vehicles and equipment, as it is, do you think that it may lead some of them to misunderstand, distort their role in society ?
Maybe even take liberties with the citizens that they confuse as the “civilian population” under their inflated authority. Perhaps forget they are there to “Protect and to Serve”.

But then again, the U.S. seems to be on its own, relative to the rest of the 1st first world, with an understanding about access , and reason for firearms in the general population.

Tesla I expect and hope will gain Cybertruck sales from emergency service organisations of many descriptions, and utility’s in any case.

But the Cybertruck’s strong body and armoured glass is a product of structural engineering, structural necessity, of the Exoskeleton. Its Bullet Proof body is a BY-PRODUCT of construction, not an objective of the construction.

The fact its Bullet - Proof body is “badass and Cool” is a welcome side effect.

Very strong glass in the windscreen and roof, is needed as it acts as a structural member.
Very strong glass is in effect Armoured Glass.

If the Exoskeleton body could be made with say 2mm thick Stainless Steel Plate instead of 3mm thick, it would be done so, to save weight, and money, and gain driving range.
3mm is needed for structural reasons. Bullet Proof ability is not the intention, it is a welcome side effect.

I just wish to point out gently, the word “lawlessness” in the title topic is a sad reflection of the times, and the Cybertruck is in no way by design an answer to that.
As the lawlessness is actually a result of the “law” and the Policy makers, and leaders . . . . . . . which some may argue, is the fault of the people who elected them in the first place !
And its the "lawlessness" that needs to addressed not how to accept and live with it.

P.S. I just a wanted a Cybertruck to combat supermarket trolley dints when I parked the car !
Boy have I underestimated the future.
Maybe the Zombie Apocalypse has already started ! ;)
There’s a weird orange creature that’s brain dead, eating chemicals, aiding a virus and frightening people in the streets

But just like the Spacex package for the Roadster, perhaps Tesla will come out with the
Bronx or Gaza Strip edition Cybertruck that has extra thick body panels. Then you know exactly what that's designed for !
This is an excellent response to the title topic. I hope people read this and try to clearly understand what exactly you are trying to say. Well said with 5 stars!

Reactions: Geo

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
TBH i am surprised Tesla's lawyers aren't all over any claim of the CT being bulletproof. Open the company up to lawsuits if someone takes a slug through the door.
something the ceo says even at an official announcement isnt legal. they can say basically whatever

Dan S Brown

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Z4-Toyota 4 runner
Occupation
Retired Paramedic
Country flag
With what’s going on in some major city’s in America today I am sure some folks would like to have had the Cybertruck instead of a conventional vehicle.
Except for the tires and possibly the windshield I would think the Cybertruck would fair pretty well against fire, rocks and such. At least you would not lose the entire vehicle I would hope.
What are the thoughts of members on the durability of this vehicle in a apocalyptic world?
Hi Mark,

I will guess that the Tesla engineers will have resolved any issues with tires by the time it goes into production. Michelin has already developed an uptis tire that can't go flat as it doesn't have any air. They already make them for trucks. Hanse was only able to break the Cyber truck side window because he hit the door with a sledge hammer multiple times.

I believe the windscreen and roof glass is even stronger so I just won't be worrying about glass or tires in my CT. I am worried about what I'll say when family members ask to borrow it! (Sorry Dad I didn't know the water was so deep!)

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tesla considered 4mm thick stainless but dropped the idea due to weight. They claim the 3mm SS door weighs in at around 60 pounds.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla considered 4mm thick stainless but dropped the idea due to weight. They claim the 3mm SS door weighs in at around 60 pounds.
3mm will be plenty.
When I was a kid my neighbour had an old WWII Dodge Ambulance.
Tesla Cybertruck Durability in a lawless society. 1591909835811

The metal on that thing was also ~1/8". I remember rapping it with my knuckle and and it hurt my hand. Wrap your knuckles on an OEM and you're afraid you might ding it.

Last edited:

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
The Cybertruck depends on the electric grid for recharging. The apocalypse will takeout the grid. The military runs on diesel/ jet A. The post apocalyptic Cybertruck will need a diesel generator in the vault (or trailer with one) or a Cyberdiesel tanker with built in diesel generator to accompany it.
Just make sure your bunkers set up with sufficient solar array. Hoping the CT does come with solar option. even a bit of extra juice would be nice if only to take care of the sentry mode drain.
Although a diesel generator in the back couldn't hurt :D
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.