Electrek: Dems propose new $12,500 electric car rebate, Tesla left with $4,500 disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
The Antifa fascists have nothing to do with this conversation. But it's interesting how people throw around things like "right wing" as a pejorative to people they disagree with.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The Antifa fascists have nothing to do with this conversation. But it's interesting how people throw around things like "right wing" as a pejorative to people they disagree with.
I'm sorry, do you feel defensive that some terrorists were 'right wing'? Do you feel defensive that some historical terrorists were 'left wing'? Does it matter? They exist. We have to deal with them. Antifa is one way of dealing with them. Personally, I'd prefer cops that actually dealt with them instead of enabling them. That was the reason for the entire set of protests last year.

It is highly unrelated to the topic of the EV credit since extremists on both wings don't want it. But luckily, extremists no longer control the government.

Of course, aggressively centrist can also be toxic, because the right answer to some things is not in the middle.

That's why it's complicated.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The United States was birthed by people that rebelled against the government state of the time, the English colonial rule, with the support of foreign nationals, the French, that assisted in the insurrection.

This followed the mass invasion of the British and Spanish that displaced and slaughtered the Native Americans. Which in turn was proceeded by the Vikings invading England, the Romans conquering Europe, Asia and Africa, and then the Babylonians, the Mongolians etc etc.

None of these were justified let alone judged. All of these were out of greed and lust for power. Power over people and places.

Power through fear.
Fear of war, disease, economics, ideology, environment, religion or even of alternative perspective, herd mentality, or political orientation.

This "fear factor" applies to "rebels" and "legit governments" alike and are used by both to coerce populations to their will.

You can see those divisions of fear here in this thread. Fear resides where disinformation creates space, and people's imaginations act to take control of reality.

Nothing has changed.

Rebels are the founders of new states.

Choose your rebel wisely.

(And with that what fake fiat currency EV subsidy you can expect to get to buy your CT...lol)

Last edited:

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"Occasionally the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots".

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
Is this forum about Cybertruck??? I don’t think so? Admin, ya might wanna consider changing the name of this forum, to something else? Or at least this thread.?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Is this forum about Cybertruck??? I don’t think so? Admin, ya might wanna consider changing the name of this forum, to something else? Or at least this thread.?
I'm still waiting on a response if foreign nationals are also eligible for the subsidy if it is now a point of sale subsidy. If so I might have to place some more CT/EV orders as I'm planning on heading to the states next year after we finish our stay here in Europe.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm still waiting on a response if foreign nationals are also eligible for the subsidy if it is now a point of sale subsidy. If so I might have to place some more CT/EV orders as I'm planning on heading to the states next year after we finish our stay here in Europe.
Well, you'd still have to have a tax ID to claim it. ...Which I think is the same for the current one?

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Well, you'd still have to have a tax ID to claim it. ...Which I think is the same for the current one?

-Crissa
Do you know if I can I get one of those as a self-employed/business owner non US citizen?

I had a look at working visas a while ago, and there is a subclass for overseas businesses that want to sell products in the USA. One such product range would be for camper and accessories for the CT. I'd assume that with that type of visa a Tax ID would be required as well for working.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I'm sorry, do you feel defensive that some terrorists were 'right wing'? Do you feel defensive that some historical terrorists were 'left wing'?
Not even a little.
It's a tax credit. It merely offsets a liability for tax. If you don't owe, you get no credit.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It's a tax credit. It merely offsets a liability for tax. If you don't owe, you get no credit.
So this new subsidy as well? I thought I read somewhere that the old one was a tax credit but this was a point of sale credit.

But obviously if I have to offset it from my USA taxes then in the first instance I'd have to pay some. I assume income tax? What happens if I work in and from Texas? Also how long does it take to get a refund?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking at using a few CT's as demos for camper gear across the states. Already have some property in CO, looking at some right now in TX near giga, but also looking for some further east/west to operate out of. (typically small land holdings/farms with space for house and decent workshop/shed)

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Do you know if I can I get one of those as a self-employed/business owner non US citizen?

I had a look at working visas a while ago, and there is a subclass for overseas businesses that want to sell products in the USA. One such product range would be for camper and accessories for the CT. I'd assume that with that type of visa a Tax ID would be required as well for working.
You might want to look into getting an ITIN.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes.

You don't have to be a resident to get a tax ID.

Also, the current tax credit only requires that the vehicle have majority use in the US and for use rather than investment.

Most refundable credits require one be a permanent resident. But the housing improvement ones only required living here, much like the 'using the EV here'.

Since you can claim the EV credit as a business, I'd assume foreign nationals could claim it that way. But it would still have to be mostly used in the US.

There also have been tax credits that you have to pay back if you claim but then don't owe enough tax later. I have no idea which kind this one will be! I hope it'll be one that people can use at point of sale, that'll have the biggest impact on sales.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.