Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
I was so stoked about the tri motor with FSD price, but under 100k for the quad with bells and whistles seems unrealistic. Elon had some intentionality around the price in the original cybertruck concept, will that sentiment remain? Or will it be out of reach for regular folks to get the long range truck? Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trucky

Trucky

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
I was so stoked about the tri motor with FSD price, but under 100k for the quad with bells and whistles seems unrealistic. Elon had some intentionality around the price in the original cybertruck concept, will that sentiment remain? Or will it be out of reach for regular folks to get the long range truck? Thoughts?
Btw find my children and some organs for sale on my eBay store…

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
As each motor seems to be worth 10k, I'm guessing 79k for the Quad based on Tri pricing.

OP
OP
Trucky

Trucky

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
As each motor seems to be worth 10k, I'm guessing 79k for the Quad based on Tri pricing.
that would be Less egregious than I’m expecting, here’s hoping…

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
?.....good luck....great idea but I am not so sure Elon will be that generous

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There's the price the market will bear, and then there's the price that Tesla wants to target for. And then the price it costs to produce.

The thing is, these prices are always different, for every vehicle.

Tesla has always managed to keep the third one - cost - under the market price. That's why they're profitable. But they've also always managed to meet their target price, except in the edge case of the budget version.

But the market has always born a higher price than their target, which is why their prices are so high today. They're maxed out of production so...

And they have nothing but disappointed customers if they don't make their announced prices. And they dream of being a car anyone could afford. Let's hope they stick to realizing that dream.

-Crissa

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
?.....good luck....great idea but I am not so sure Elon will be that generous
The real elephant is the room is this:

In my understanding, Elon does not do quick joy 10 mins space rides like we have seen this morning (i.e., on the 11th, Dec 2021). Making money and publicity like this by Blue Origin and for Ravian on a one trick show is questionable.

What is very sad, it that the night before people had been dying, losing their job and livelihood and nothing was said about it, while all this morning show was going on as a public party being publicly charred at about 10:00 am EST.

What would have been the appropriate ethical thing to do under these circumstances?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is very sad, it that the night before people had been dying, losing their job and livelihood and nothing was said about it, while all this morning show was going on as a public party being publicly charred at about 10:00 am EST.

What would have been the appropriate ethical thing to do under these circumstances?
Publicly charred?

The world goes on. Six flags wasn't closed because somewhere else there was a disaster.

-Crissa

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Publicly charred?

The world goes on. Six flags wasn't closed because somewhere else there was a disaster.

-Crissa
Yes, the world goes on, but that event included his own workers (contractors or not).

These affected people are working for "Jeff Who" and Jeff was having his show. Out of respect he could have paused an stated his concerns for his workers in Illinois (6 dead and counting with major destruction in an Amazon depot) not to mention the surrounding Kentucky and elsewhere.

Last edited:

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They were contractors and weren't the only ones injured in the storm last night.

-Crissa
We have news in Canada too and my wife if from Illinois. It is not wright.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know currently if ethics had anything to do with the deaths. I suppose the workers in the warehouse have other things on their plate right now.

Turns out the candle factory workers didn't get enough warning, and were trying to shelter from the storm.

There's only so much you can do from a direct hit.

-Crissa

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't know currently if ethics had anything to do with the deaths. I suppose the workers in the warehouse have other things on their plate right now.

Turns out the candle factory workers didn't get enough warning, and were trying to shelter from the storm.

There's only so much you can do from a direct hit.

-Crissa
Jeff should know better.
Sponsored