Jaspal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
PharmD
Country flag
This is saddening. Full Wrapping the vehicle will cost upwards of $5k. But I guess spending $70k on a truck, people would be able to afford a wrap.

Does anyone know how much harder it is to wrap stainless steel than traditional wraps used today?
Sponsored

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I have heard that wraps have a very tough time sticking to stainless with a brushed finish, I think if they are talking about wraps this much, you can rule out a brushed finish on the final product.
Looking at images, it's hard to tell exactly what the finish is. The photos I have seen it looks like a semi-gloss, which should be relatively easy to polish to a full reflective shine, and can be done in your backyard. I think a lot of people will do that. You could also put a brushed finish on it, if that's what you want. The flatness of the panels will make it easy to get consistent results, but you'll have some difficulty in the small corners, unless it's possible to remove the body panels easily.
I don't think you will be able to remove body panels easily.

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
I don't think they will change the product to appease aftermarket companies. Let them figure it out, it's no skin off Tesla's back!

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Last edited:

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Wonder if I can just Rhino line the whole thing? Seen some Hummer H1’s that way.
Oh we’re definitely going to see rhinoliner / linex / bedliner sprayed Cybertrucks. It’s as industrial looking as stainless steel, is tons tougher than vinyl wrap, and easier to repair than vinyl wrap.

And it sticks to stainless steel just fine as long as you prep the surface by sanding the polished surface for adhesion.

I think it looks good if you’re going with the matte look anyway. It’s got a texture to it so it hides imperfections better than flat vinyl which will show imperfections easily on super flat large planes like the Cybertruck body.

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Confirmed: Cybertruck Colors Options Will Require Wrap ustomer-line-x-jeep-wrangler-jk-unlimited-6-4-hemi

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Confirmed: Cybertruck Colors Options Will Require Wrap 1587097501421

CaptainVagabond

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi TTS, 1976 Carrera 3.0
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
What a boon this is going to be for vinyl wrap shops and businesses. With the Cybertruck reservation numbers showing that it's going to sell in high volume and with every single one of them coming only in unfinished stainless steel, there's going to be a much higher percentage of CT owners wrapping their trucks than probably any other vehicle on the market.

Owners are going to want to differentiate their Cybertrucks from the millions of others out on the road. And they're going to do it with a full wrap, partial wrap, or vinyl stripes / graphics.
Graphics! WW2 Aircraft Nose paint style! :)

quickrch

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford E350 Van, 2014 Ford Focus SE, 2015 Volkswagen Passat, 2006 Subaru Outback Legacy
Occupation
I count things
Country flag
Wrapping isn't that hard...if you use an easier color/finish. Some of the shiny metallic ones show every last mistake. Some of the carbon fiber ones are pretty easy to lay on there (in a garage with a heat gun). Around here you can get a guy to your house to do it for a few (300-800) hundred bucks...if you go to a shop a few thousand.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Isn't most of the difficulty in wrapping a vehicle involved with fitting the flat wrap around curved surfaces?
If all the panels are completely flat, doesn't that make the process of wrapping the vehicle much much easier?
Will it be much cheaper than a "normal" car to pay a pro to do it?
Even easy enough that an amateur could get good to great results?

I think the answer to all four questions is YES!

Last edited:

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
I guess the other question with doing a Rhino Lining.... how does that work with Tonneau cover and bed with T rails .... we good or foes that have to be left alone? ??‍♂