Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Jim Farley and Elon Musk will be holding a Twitter Spaces conversation today at approximately 5:30 p.m. ET.

Listen to it live at: @jimfarley98

ANNOUNCEMENT:

FORD EV CUSTOMERS TO GAIN ACCESS TO 12,000 TESLA SUPERCHARGERS; COMPANY TO ADD NORTH AMERICAN CHARGING STANDARD PORT IN FUTURE EVS
MAY 25, 2023 | DEARBORN

• Starting early next year, Ford EV customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada, in addition to the over 10,000 DC fast-chargers that are already part of the BlueOval Charge Network. This will give Ford EV customers unprecedented access to fast-charging
  • Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit customers will be able to access the Superchargers via an adapter and software integration along with activation and payment via FordPass or Ford Pro Intelligence
  • In 2025, Ford will offer next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers
  • The reliable Tesla Supercharger network has already established charging corridors across the U.S. and Canada
DEARBORN, Mich., May 25, 2023 – Ford Motor Company said today it reached an agreement with Tesla Motors that will provide Ford electric vehicle customers access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada, doubling the number of fast-chargers available to Ford EV customers starting Spring 2024.

“This is great news for our customers who will have unprecedented access to the largest network of fast-chargers in the U.S. and Canada with 12,000+ Tesla Superchargers plus 10,000+ fast-chargers already in the BlueOval Charge Network,” said Jim Farley, Ford president and CEO. “Widespread access to fast-charging is absolutely vital to our growth as an EV brand, and this breakthrough agreement comes as we are ramping up production of our popular Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning, and preparing to launch a series of next-generation EVs starting in 2025.”

Added Rebecca Tinucci, Tesla’s senior director of charging infrastructure: “We’ve spent the last 10 years building an industry-leading Charging Network that enables freedom to travel and provides charging confidence for our Tesla owners. We’re excited to deliver on our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy by welcoming Ford owners, and other electric vehicles who adopt NACS, to our thousands of Superchargers across North America.”

A Tesla-developed adapter will provide Ford F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-E and E-Transit vehicles fitted with the Combined Charging System (CCS) port access to Tesla’s V3 Superchargers. Ford will equip future EVs with the NACS charge port, removing the need for an adapter for direct access to Tesla Superchargers, starting in 2025.

“Tesla has led the industry in creating a large, reliable and efficient charging system and we are pleased to be able to join forces in a way that benefits customers and overall EV adoption,” said Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer, Ford Model e. “The Tesla Supercharger network has excellent reliability and the NACS plug is smaller and lighter. Overall, this provides a superior experience for customers.”

The BlueOval Charge Network is already North America’s largest public charging network with over 84,000 chargers including access to over 10,000 public DC fast-chargers. Adding more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers creates the single largest integrated fast-charge network across the U.S. and Canada, designed to significantly reduce charge anxiety for Ford customers, with automatic routing to the nearest charger and seamless billing via FordPass.

Additionally, Ford dealers are adding roughly 1,800 public-facing fast-chargers and locations to the BlueOval Charge Network by early 2024.

Tesla Cybertruck Ford EV will gain access to Tesla Superchargers and come with standard NACS ports starting 2025! Ford_Tesla_Mustang Mach-E (1)

Tesla Cybertruck Ford EV will gain access to Tesla Superchargers and come with standard NACS ports starting 2025! Ford_Tesla_F-150 Lightnin
Sponsored

Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is huge.

Farley continues to do the right things to pull Ford forward.

I wonder how soon before others make the switch? Reliability on CCS is so bad right now in the US, I certainly wouldn’t want my fortunes tied to the foibles of Electrify America.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

jokes aside, I am really glad to see UNITY happen and there be a better port take the reigns. As it should. Smaller. Better cable. Already very built out!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
In 2025, Ford will offer next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers
I assume this means that Ford's next-gen BEV truck platform (the first ground-up BEV truck platform), will come standard with NACS

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bad for Tesla car sales. Good for consumers and Tesla SC sales.
yea, with the looks of the CT and football field between steering wheel and the back of the windshield, might be a good option to charge at superchargers and at home without having to spend any money for chargers

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
I don't know enough about it but will the charging speeds be similar to a Tesla vehicle? Any faster or slower?

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Lol are we seriously saying 426mi at half charge? It's like the Lightning MKBHD fiasco again

But those A pillars, oof. I was expecting no stalks so not a huge surprise, still wish there was some sort of physical control on the wheel but I guess I'll have to learn
Can I ....
... retrofit my 2022 Lightning?
pwease?
I would be that said adapter will allow current Lightnings to charge on the Tesla Supercharger network.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Bad for Tesla car sales. Good for consumers and Tesla SC sales.
Tesla will continue to sell every car they can possibly manufacture for a long time to come.

Consumers are coming around to EVs in a big way right now and there is plenty of green space for EV manufacturers to grow into for the next 5+ years.
Sponsored