Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
...Except Tesla, since they had already secured their supply, apparently.

-Crissa
I saw that but does that include CT? Elon was commenting on current production when he said that. No one outside of Tesla really knows for certain.

If Elon did secure all the microchips Tesla will need for the rest of this year then he pulled off something no one else in the industry was able to do.

CyborgTrk

First Name
Kamarii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Elon Musk suggests Cybertruck is not happening this year

Was planned for late 2021

The Cybertruck rolled into Tesla's Austin, Tex., factory location where it will be manufactured on Thursday, but it sounds like it will be a while before more of them start rolling out of it.

Elon Musk was visiting the site of the under-construction facility and took the prototype for a ride around the dirt-covered grounds, much to the delight of the staff on-site and Tesla fans on the web.

Giga Texas, as the plant is known, is set to produce the Cybertruck along with the Model YSUV. The Model Y is currently produced at Tesla's factory in Fremont, Calif. but Musk said it can save shipping costs by also building it in Texas to supply the eastern United States.

During Tesla's last earnings call in January, Musk said "we'll make a few deliveries of the Cybertruck in 2021, but volume production is set for next year." In Austin, he had a different take on the start of operations at the factory.

When asked in a tweet from the Tesla Owners Online, which had just posted an image of the Cybertruck, if the factory was "still on time for some deliveries later this year," Musk answered, "limited production of Model Y this year, high volume next year," but did not mention the Cybertruck.

He then tweeted "Same with Berlin," in reference to another factory under construction in Germany that will manufacture the Model Y primarily for the European market.

The Cybertruck in Texas also appeared to be the same prototype shown before, rather than the updated version that Musk said will be revealed sometime during the current fiscal quarter, which runs through June.

Musk recently teased that "there will be no handles" on the production version of the truck," but did not elaborate on the operation of the doors.

SOURCE: FOX BUSINESS
How long can he tease this myth of a car?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I would be shocked if any Cybertruck’s rolled out of the Austin assembly plant this year. i predict 2022 will see decent production and by 2023 the CT line will be running at full tilt. Model Y production will be the #1 production priority for Austin once the factory is completed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would be shocked if any Cybertruck’s rolled out of the Austin assembly plant this year. 2022 will be see decent production and by 2023 the CT line will be running at full tilt. Model Y production will be the #1 production priority for Austin once the factory is completed.
I would like to see some Semi's rolled out this year at Austin , 200 at least!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I think people are reading a lot into omission. I also don't think this is news... Did anyone really think their CT would be made this year? I think the big question is how far into 2022 will it be before production begins?
early to mid I think.

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Tesla already has the tooling for the Y. It is an easy start up for the Y this year once Giga Texas is fired up. I suspect they are still tweaking the tooling for the Cybertruck in Fremount. That is as important as the new plant. I would rather Tesla fine tune the manufacturing and training in Fremont so that start up for the Cybertruck in Texas can be fast.

Deleted member 3316

Tesla already has the tooling for the Y. It is an easy start up for the Y this year once Giga Texas is fired up. I suspect they are still tweaking the tooling for the Cybertruck in Fremount. That is as important as the new plant. I would rather Tesla fine tune the manufacturing and training in Fremont so that start up for the Cybertruck in Texas can be fast.
The ommission of the Cybertruck being produced in Texas also omits mention of the preproduction team in Fremont. I’d hazard a guess that any Cybertruck produced and delivered this year will come from the Fremont factory.

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
As I have been saying for a long time and yes I know this makes people mad, but the CT won‘t be in the hands of customers before 2023.
I agree with that thought and I'm kind of glad as it will allow even more funds to be put aside for the purchase. I'd rather wait and have it done right.

Outlaw1

First Name
RS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Colorado, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Im not sure on CT delivery.. I hope it's sooner rather than later. But do you think Elon is playing his cards close to his chest with Rivian expected to start delivery in June? He did say an update in Q2. June is in Q2. I'm not saying CT will be here in June but I expect more info closer to then. Look what happened with Lucid. And then the push back of the the Plaid Model S. I think it's a chess game to some extent where there is flexibility and emerging competition. Model Y not so much as it's competition is well known and executing. There will probably be something to counter Rivians delivery buzz.

akcoyote

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As I have been saying for a long time and yes I know this makes people mad, but the CT won‘t be in the hands of customers before 2023.
You could be right, but my bet is second half of 2022 for initial CT deliveries. The speed that Giga Texas is being built makes me think the CT portion of the factory will see structure completion by Q4 2021 and initial CT production in early 2022.

In any event I will probably be waiting at least another 2 years before I can place my order. :confused:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I'm still pulling for late this year, mostly because I don't think I can do another harvest in my F350. That thing is exhausting to drive.