Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Anything worth having is worth waiting for
Of course. I think we would all agree with that. After all, we have been waiting (and will continue waiting) for the CT now for 15 months. I just wonder what in what I posted made you think otherwise. All I said was that there isn't much point in Tesla showing us the features and specs of the CT when they will be spotted on the roads shortly and many of our questions will be answered through observation. We most likely won't see the great software but we will see what the interior looks like and the exterior and, maybe, the bed. People will find a way to look underneath. It will all be pretty clear. Tesla had a window of opportunity when they could tell us about the final design prior to us finding out this way (the same way everyone did for all their other models), but that window is almost closed now. Still patiently waiting...

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
ou. I would consider a Model Y now except for the mileage. I need at least one car in the household that can go 400 (real) miles per day. Our Model 3 won’t and I hope that the CT will get close (sans trailer). It is a personal decision of course, but decide what your requ
Of course. I think we would all agree with that. After all, we have been waiting (and will continue waiting) for the CT now for 15 months. I just wonder what in what I posted made you think otherwise. All I said was that there isn't much point in Tesla showing us the features and specs of the CT when they will be spotted on the roads shortly and many of our questions will be answered through observation. We most likely won't see the great software but we will see what the interior looks like and the exterior and, maybe, the bed. People will find a way to look underneath. It will all be pretty clear. Tesla had a window of opportunity when they could tell us about the final design prior to us finding out this way (the same way everyone did for all their other models), but that window is almost closed now. Still patiently waiting...

spotted on the roads shortly? I don't think there will be enough CT's on the roads for anyone to really be seeing them with any relative frequency until mid 2022 at best.

Assuming they have finalized their design, both interior and exterior, it would be great to have promotional videos released, as well as hard specs. I'd imagine that anyone looking to get into the business of selling after-market items for the CT would greatly appreciate having some specs to work off of as well.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
spotted on the roads shortly? I don't think there will be enough CT's on the roads for anyone to really be seeing them with any relative frequency until mid 2022 at best.

Assuming they have finalized their design, both interior and exterior, it would be great to have promotional videos released, as well as hard specs. I'd imagine that anyone looking to get into the business of selling after-market items for the CT would greatly appreciate having some specs to work off of as well.
Elon said some deliveries in 2021. Seems like they would have to do testing relatively soon.

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Elon said some deliveries in 2021. Seems like they would have to do testing relatively soon.

I see, so you're talking about seeing the white buffalo test vehicle rolling down the street, snapping some footage of it and/or getting some interior shots if it happens to be parked. Count me in, I just want updates at this point, the amount of info we've been operating off of for over a year is shockingly miniscule

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, they definitely need to build it - and crash it - before they sell it. We'll get our eyes on the goodness soon, one way or another.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A Y parked next to me in 2019 more than once, so, yeah.

Once they start testing, people will see them at Superchargers. Once they start being released to Tesla workers even I'll see them at the movie theaters and such.

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

Once they start testing, people will see them at Superchargers. Once they start being released to Tesla workers even I'll see them at the movie theaters and such.

-Crissa
If a Cybertruck parks next to you can you please take pictures for me?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

-Crissa
What is a movie theater :-(

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

They have to put prototypes on the road months before any deliveries and they promised to try to get some deliveries this year. Hence there should be prototype sightings between now and September. It has been that way with all of their vehicles. No, we won’t all get to see them, but someone will and they will tell the rest of us, take pix and videos, and share them.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They have to put prototypes on the road months before any deliveries and they promised to try to get some deliveries this year. Hence there should be prototype sightings between now and September. It has been that way with all of their vehicles. No, we won’t all get to see them, but someone will and they will tell the rest of us, take pix and videos, and share them.
I don’t know how Valuable it would be as a test vehicle unless they can simulate the rear casting. Musk said if we are lucky some might roll out by the end of the year. 4680 production is by no means certain either.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I don’t know how Valuable it would be as a test vehicle unless they can simulate the rear casting. Musk said if we are lucky some might roll out by the end of the year. 4680 production is by no means certain either.
Computer simulations are only as good as the assumptions made.. I worry a bit about rear cast failing under stress in actual use. Rebuilding the casting machine may not be a quick thing.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
4680 production is by no means certain either.
IDK about that. I thought they were already making them just not at the speed they wanted. But of recent with more and more new Semi sightings. And most recently expanding Fremont building instead of the tent.

I agree, the casting machine is not something you can just put together, use it a few time, take it apart, move it and put it back together. At least not easily and not by yourself, usually that has to be done as a service by the company that made it that you buy it from.

Unless.. it's made by that German company that Tesla bought a little while back...
Sponsored