First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Quotes from Elon Musk:

"So I just want to emphasize that what I think is potentially best product ever.

"There will be enormous challenges in reaching volumes production and cash flow positive at a price that people can afford. This is simply normal; This is our best product ever, but it'd going to require immense work to get cash flow positive at a price that people can afford." This is normal - lots of new technology."

"Cybertruck will take 12-18 months before it is a significant positive cash flow contributor."

"Over a million reservations."

Q: How many Cybertruck deliveries do you anticipate for 2024?
A: The ramp is going to be extremely difficult. There's no way around that; If you want to do something innovative, it is extremely difficult because there is nothing to copy. I think we'll end up with 250k Cybertrucks per year. I don't think we'll reach that next year, but maybe in 2025.

There's 14 inches of travel on the Cybertruck suspension.

Cybertruck's pilot production line has a higher installed annual capacity than the Ford Lightning's line.

Cybertruck has lots of bells and whistles. 😗
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
or you could follow the livestream earnings call thread ;)

OP
OP
ModelAZ

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Elon: We dug our grave with the Cybertruck. It's one of those special products that comes along only once in a long while. The high volume low-cost smaller next gen vehicle is actually much more conventional. The manufacturing approach is revolutionary and I think it'll be quite a fast ramp.

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
If they go in order for the reservation numbers then I should be one of the first 10,000. If they’re producing 125K trucks per year then it would take 10 years to fill the current list lol.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If they go in order for the reservation numbers then I should be one of the first 10,000. If they’re producing 125K trucks per year then it would take 10 years to fill the current list lol.
He implied 5k/week run rate in 2025.

If they still have a million reservations at that point, they'll keep ramping.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
wonder if all those "bells and whistles" are all consumable items prone to breaking.....I agree it looks like he is setting us up for a bigger starting price than we have calculated......it might be mid 80's before options and 350 mile range......I dont care about bells and whistles.....a lot of that stuff we can get 3rd party....what we cant get.....RANGE.....A range of 350 for me is a show stopper

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
He implied 5k/week run rate in 2025.

If they still have a million reservations at that point, they'll keep ramping.

-Crissa
I think they will.

Thankfully, Elon has slowed down his habit of setting public high expectations only to fall short. At least this way, any increase is good news.

'Managing Customer Expectations', he must have just read the book lol

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Elon sure is preparing the masses that the Cyber truck is going to be expensive :(
Sounded to me like he was preparing investors to expect losses on CT sales for a while. Which could imply affordability
Sponsored