Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Should Tesla add it's cars to the emergency broadcast system? Have the cars emit siren / emergency tones?
Since cell operators already broadcast to modems in the area and Tesla's have modems that are always on, maybe Tesla could sound siren when a tornado or earthquake alert is broadcast.
Tesla loudspeaker is much louder than cellphone speaker and has additional benefit of alerting neighborhood.
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Interesting idea.🤔 You may be on to something that could be enhanced to all new connected vehicles. 👍

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
They should give you a Cybertruck for that idea. 🔥

OP
OP
Dids

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
cool idea

do these types of auxiliary extensions of the system not require the weekly/monthly testing?
No your cell phone doesn't participate in emergency testing... At least mine doesn't.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I'm pretty sure only broadcasters of the emergency signal need to participate in monthly testing. Not receivers.

OP
OP
Dids

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
We don't have sirens for anything in Massachusetts. So the only thing I have is cellphone and it doesn't do the testing. I grew up in PA the volunteer fire companies had fire sirens. I suppose in areas that have more frequent needs they have sirens.

Pete70123

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
Country flag
We don't have sirens for anything in Massachusetts. So the only thing I have is cellphone and it doesn't do the testing. I grew up in PA the volunteer fire companies had fire sirens. I suppose in areas that have more frequent needs they have sirens.
You haven’t replaced Paul Revere yet? He did a great job.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No your cell phone doesn't participate in emergency testing... At least mine doesn't.
It does, it just doesn't tell you about it.

My spouse has a story about when a tornado hit her street: It took out the sirens first, then went down the street and took out every other house, including the one behind her room.

She slept through it. Her mom woke her up the next morning with, "Don't you want to see the tornado damage?" She was like, "What tornado?" and then her mom opened the window shade.

-Crissa

Last edited:

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Stellar idea! I love it...
Should Tesla add it's cars to the emergency broadcast system? Have the cars emit siren / emergency tones?
Since cell operators already broadcast to modems in the area and Tesla's have modems that are always on, maybe Tesla could sound siren when a tornado or earthquake alert is broadcast.
Tesla loudspeaker is much louder than cellphone speaker and has additional benefit of alerting neighborhood.
Sponsored