Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'02 Avalanche, '15 F150 eco, '22 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
I did. It's called the monastery of the cyber-abstinent. A subsidiary of CTOC
Your can start a new thread, we have one for the new FS owners.

Now we can have one for the EV Truck Virgins, holding out for the honeymoon with our CT VIN! Not going to be tempted by other EV trucks!
Sponsored

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I never was a fanboy. This evolving CT story is beginning to make me question this company In general. Deadlines are missed, mistakes made Yada, Yama… but something just seems off. stay tuned. Won’t pull the plug on my stocks just yet but I am spooked.

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag
Exactly, so just stop complaining. You have choices. Delays happen, life happens. People need to learn to pivot. If you can't let go of the pain and suffering from the truck not being released as promised and for the amount, with the miles, move on. Simple logic, hard to practice.
Don't lecture others. That'd be my advice.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Elon said demand is not a problem for CT, but I was hoping to get some specific numbers - how many FS orders so far, when non-FS will start? The only number I heard was quarter million CTs produced (give or take) per year once the production ramps up. So pretty much same information we have been hearing all this time. They said FS orders are "very encouraging" without any specific numbers. Ugh!
125k CTs per annum is the new annual capacity number.

I'm assuming the margins aren't great for CT and they need to figure out efficiencies before increasing the manufacturing numbers. This also makes the FS make more sense, as it's a way to help margins. It's also an options package, not an increase to MSRP, so it can be marketed as an "affordable truck."

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's pretty much been every Tesla vehicle launch starting with the OG Roadster.
Perhaps, but this feels different. All the prior vehicles were almost exactly what was forecast with some solvable initial issues. The CT is exceptional but it is so idiosyncratic and compromised that it will likely have a limited market share. I love it but have little confidence it will help Tesla as a company, hence my stock thoughts. My insights are limited and my opinion of dubious value but this feels like a mistake business wise.

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
My insights are limited and my opinion of dubious value but this feels like a mistake business wise.
Could be but it's likely to have much better sales than the X, which also had production struggles, and even Elon said it shouldn't have been made or something along those lines.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I wish Elon and team would tell us how much longer they are going to be offering/producing these Foundation units. 🤷‍♂️
Until orders slow to a trickle. AND production processes are improved enough to support volume production.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I never was a fanboy. This evolving CT story is beginning to make me question this company In general. Deadlines are missed, mistakes made Yada, Yama… but something just seems off. stay tuned. Won’t pull the plug on my stocks just yet but I am spooked.
Hey, head on over to Chevy and order their EV truck. Coming "s00n" to a dealer with "market adjustment" near you. In 2025.

I bet Ford is happy that Tesla is slow to ramp and Chevy is dead in the water. Gives them a chance for EV truck v2.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
My skin just boiled... literally has had my cash for 4 years, way overpriced it, and now has my deposit of 1k sitting there, with not updates...grrr
Lol has had your $100.... if that makes your skin boil maybe you shouldn't get a CT.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Yeah, and then after that he said something like, "We have to keep it [Cybertruck] affordable."

Elon's definition and my definition of "affordable" are totally different.
Simple.... a 100k CT is right in line with ICE truck. If you can't afford the ICE you can't afford a CT.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
So I wonder how many FS they will make. We know there have been >1000 ordered. If they are almost sold out, then that would mean maybe 1500? If so, that is piss-poor production. There's no way there have been >10,000 ordered. If they only produced 50 CT per week, that would be 2,600 for the year. Talk about complete failure.....
Lol your post is full of just nonsense and speculation.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Exactly, so just stop complaining. You have choices. Delays happen, life happens. People need to learn to pivot. If you can't let go of the pain and suffering from the truck not being released as promised and for the amount, with the miles, move on. Simple logic, hard to practice.
Promised?
Sponsored