First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV Ninja
Occupation
Structure Engineer Boeing
Country flag
There was a BEV tire or EV tire that was to improve EV range by 5-10%. It was not a std tire and it was to be available from a major tire manufacturer.
Anyone know about a new EV tire soon to come out that has improved EV range?
Advertisement

Last edited:

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
There are a lot of options for Low Rolling Resistance tires by various manufacturers. That is what is usually recommended for the best range, as far as tires go.

OP
OP
DallasEd

DallasEd

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV Ninja
Occupation
Structure Engineer Boeing
Country flag
Yes
A new tire to come out this year that would give EVs a 5-10% EV range increase. It was a major tire manufacture that was coming out with a special EV tire. I read some where a few months back about a new EV tire that was to increase EV range.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
I’m no engineer but the only way I could see that would increase range is to make them with less road contact. (skinnier?)Road contact is needed though for braking and grip in turns. I certainly don’t see how to increase the range by 15%. If that was the case, Tesla would have already been all over it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tires have many characteristics that can be changed. Tires that have a stiffer compound have less rolling resistance. That doesn't necessarily mean they have less surface touching the road. And less surface doesn't necessarily mean poorer performance.

-Crissa

Advertisement

Advertisement