• Total voters

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I made a dual motor Cybertruck reservation originally but have changed it to the Tri motor since then. It is a stretch goal of mine. I have looked at the other EV truck options and for me, it’s the Cybertruck. I have never owned a pickup truck before but like Sandy Munro, I am a Wrangler owner. I don’t see Jeep making a compelling fully electric Wrangler. They will make a fully electric Wrangler but I don’t think they have the will to built it from the ground up and be aggressive about weight reduction. The Wrangler can not get more aerodynamic without changing its looks. And then there is the charging network.
I think one of the big mistakes car makers make is converting an existing car over to and EV. What makes sense for an ICE car doesn’t necessarily translate well to an EV. A Wrangler EV is maybe not the best way to go forward. Much like Dodge with their “Muscle Car” EV concept.
Advertisement

Sgt. Glenn

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Website
www.scottmohrmanphotography.com
Vehicles
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Call of Duty/ Modern Warfare Edition
Occupation
Aerospace Photographer
Country flag
I think one of the big mistakes car makers make is converting an existing car over to and EV. What makes sense for an ICE car doesn’t necessarily translate well to an EV. A Wrangler EV is maybe not the best way to go forward. Much like Dodge with their “Muscle Car” EV concept.
I see a future for the Wrangler but Jeep and Jeep/offroad community will need to be open for some change.

Diehard

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Frontier, CT2
Country flag
I think one of the big mistakes car makers make is converting an existing car over to and EV. What makes sense for an ICE car doesn’t necessarily translate well to an EV
I don’t think they do it thinking this is the best EV that can be made. They do it thinking this is the best compromise for us now. There was no way F150 could offer an EV truck designed from ground up at $40K in the time frame they did. Some executive said Rivian and Tesla are going to take our lunch money if we don’t do something now as a stop gap measure to show we are still in the game until we can make a real EV. Engineers looked at numbers and deadlines and figured the only way they can do it is using economy of scale that is already on their side and using many of the same processes they have down packed already. Of course the product could not compete with a CT that was designed from day one to be an EV but Ford and Tesla play in different play grounds. Tesla never had a truck. The downsides of Ford compromise is obvious but the upside of it is that someone is going to be able to get a much better electric F150 than equivalent Ice F150 at the same price. That is not a bad thing.

android04

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
I switched from a dealer that was planing $8K mark up to one that in writing assured me they won’t go over MSRP. Of course knowing they can sell my Lightening to someone else for a lot more if I drop out will give them all kinds of incentives to piss me off. For Mach-E Ford did a good job keeping most dealers in line (not all) for reservation holders. But any car that was left for dealers to sell with no names on it was sold with ridiculous up charge. Frankly if CT was ready at the same time with same exact specs, I would pay more for it just so I don’t have to deal with dealers.

on rebates I was just asking about the existing rebate. Point of sale definitely makes much more sense if it comes to life.
Of you are asking about the current Federal tax rebate in the United States, your won't know for sure if you are getting it until after you file your income tax return after taking delivery of the EV or plugin hybrid. There are websites that track the progress of each automaker towards the 200,000 and during the phaseout period, so it will be worth it for you to find one of them and keep your eye on Ford's status. Since it's a tax rebate, you get it when you file your income tax return if you have enough tax liability.

TMcCullough

First Name
Timothy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I am waiting on Mr. Ct, yes grudgingly, but still. And yes thats his name, "Mister".

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I'm not at all interested in "a truck." I have a Jeep truck, which means it does a lot more than a generic truck, and also truck stuff. Now I want the electric version of that; off road ability, camping, towing, moving mulch and construction material, all in one. The F150 is just another generic truck, very little off road ability. I know someone in flat land will argue, but by off road I mean this.

1633993607523.jpeg

TechOps

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I have CT reservation(s) as well as R1S. What I really want is a large SUV, and if there were a CyberSUV I'd be all over that. I can make the CT work, but R1S is the form factor I'm after. After R1T went into production, I recently made an R1S reso, so I'm assuming I'll get the CT first.

Doug McAllister

First Name
Douglas L McAllister
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You haven’t off road until you’ve done Moab.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
My money is down on the CT and will stay down.
I have long been a fan of electric vehicles and I always said when they made one that I could afford that would smoke a Hellcat I would buy one.
The CT tri-motor will cost more than the first two houses I bought but I have the disposable income and by the time mine is built I should have enough saved to pay half down. If Tesla stock hits 2500 by the time mine is ready I can prob sell it and pay cash for it with my savings.
I also like the fact that I buy direct from Tesla.
We have been trying to buy a replacement for the Boss Lady's 04 Dodge 3500.
Twice we have been in a Dodge dealership doing the dick dance with the salesman and his "manager". Both times we walked because they have the advantage (truck shortage) and they know it.
It's all a numbers game and it's not a question of if you are going to get screwed but just how they are going to slip it to you.
I'm around 400,000 in line so hopefully mine will be ready in 2024.

Cybertruck Hawaii

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I want a pickup truck with a close able bed cover that has a electric motor. A contractor would be best suited for a F-150 that can fit a pipe rack .

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
You haven’t off road until you’ve done Moab.
I would add Salton Sea because of its vast and weird terrain, plus the Rubicon or anything in that area. But I could go on, there are so many "must wheel" places in the Southwest. The CT will be interesting as we have so many VERY tight trails, but it also has monstrous approach/departure angles and clearance. There will be penalties and advantages. Places like The Crack at Moab will become a stroll in the park, while the hot tub could be death. With rear steering, many of the obstacles near me will become much easier.

Advertisement

Advertisement