EVs don't need to be trailered to track day...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

As long as you can charge, no trailer needed! I was thinking about that when someone brought up the idea of trailering a roadster. Maybe with the roadster, or a bike, 'cause you want to bring more stuff, but...

EVs don't have glass where the lights are, they aren't being worn out by road travel, since it's really only the track time that does it. So as long as you can charge at the track, you're golden. And really, if you want a track day with a Tesla until the track has a compatible DC charger, you'll want to be able to charge it offsite before your runs.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

As long as you can charge, no trailer needed! I was thinking about that when someone brought up the idea of trailering a roadster. Maybe with the roadster, or a bike, 'cause you want to bring more stuff, but...

EVs don't have glass where the lights are, they aren't being worn out by road travel, since it's really only the track time that does it. So as long as you can charge at the track, you're golden. And really, if you want a track day with a Tesla until the track has a compatible DC charger, you'll want to be able to charge it offsite before your runs.

-Crissa
That's a classy looking race car. I saw a video last night that Tesla released Track Mode for Plaid. It looked pretty wild, it even keeps lap times. Pretty interesting, that guy custom-built a tire rack in the back.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
If not trailered, how would you tow it when it defaults to being on brake when your foot is not on acceleration pedal?

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Why would you tow it?

-Crissa
Probably not as I always have road assistance cover.

I'm extra careful while camping and off roading but I may have to be pulled and towed in short distance in case I got stuck and have lost power/charge at the same very unfortunate time.
Sponsored