Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f250
Occupation
System engineer manager
Country flag
Just curious, has anyone heard what the ‘expected’ price range will be? I placed my order like most of us the 2nd day of when announced in 2019. Back then they listed the ‘price’ for a dual motor around $50k. Since they will be producing the ‘tru’ motor first, I don’t mind upgrading, I would just like to know the expected price range. Thanks
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes, we've heard the expected price is around $50k for the dual, and 70k for the kitted out version.

That's literally all we've been told. That and "if it's hard for Tesla to keep costs down, it'll be impossible for their competitors to do so." A statement which has been borne out.

-Crissa

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Just curious, has anyone heard what the ‘expected’ price range will be? I placed my order like most of us the 2nd day of when announced in 2019. Back then they listed the ‘price’ for a dual motor around $50k. Since they will be producing the ‘tru’ motor first, I don’t mind upgrading, I would just like to know the expected price range. Thanks
Safe to say dual motor will be more than $50k...I expect dual to be around $60k-65k realistically. Basically everything cost more than b4 so plan accordingly.

I also wanted to add that since this is will be a completely new build and design from the ground up, they will go through every single part and see where they can save on costs to keep the price down. They do not need to rush on the CT like they did on model 3 or Y, so their designs should be amazingly simple to build.

Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Yes, we've heard the expected price is around $50k for the dual, and 70k for the kitted out version.

That's literally all we've been told. That and "if it's hard for Tesla to keep costs down, it'll be impossible for their competitors to do so." A statement which has been borne out.

-Crissa
Then we were effectively told it will be higher and there has been a lot that has happened since November 2019. Personally guessing high 60's starting price.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then we were effectively told it will be higher and there has been a lot that has happened since November 2019. Personally guessing high 60's starting price.
Your guess isn't what we've been told, though.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Safe to say dual motor will be more than $50k...I expect dual to be around $60k-65k realistically. Basically everything cost more than b4 so plan accordingly.

I also wanted to add that since this is will be a completely new build and design from the ground up, they will go through every single part and see where they can save on costs to keep the price down. They do not need to rush on the CT like they did on model 3 or Y, so their designs should be amazingly simple to build.
Normally I take issue with any price increase predictions - since no one knows - but if we put quotes around “realistically” then these are decent guesses for inflation and other crap that has happened.

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I’ve been trying to figure out the same thing. No one has an idea other than it cost more. So my guess is…. With in striking distance of the ford lightning and their models.
cyber truck unveil cheapest price was 39k
Ford lightning cheapest price was…. 39k and did sell at that point very briefly

now ford lightnings cheapest truck is around 50k. (Sold out, not selling currently)
So I’m guessing reasonably.
Single motor cybertruck WOULDVE been 50k now- dual 60k- tri/quad is 80k-100k.

however. There’s a tax incentive now. With a ceiling of 80k for EV trucks.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the dual touches 70k before any (white interior added, or advanced autopilot, and upgraded rims) to help push you towards but not past 80k 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Not another price thread 🤦‍♂️

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What we have been told is it will cost more.
No, we have been told that it could cost more,

We have no incentive to signal that we're okay with higher prices.

And yet that's what you're doing. Is your money burning such a hole in your pocket?

-Crissa

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Yeah...I saw it. But he didn't say come out and say it would cost more. You and most others are coming to a reasonable conclusion based on what was said, but he didn't give a price or say it will cost more.
He basically said the inflation wasn't fully predicted and that isn't good for the pricing estimate given in 2019.

The big reality is that the specs may have changed more then the price. We don't know what we are getting, nor when.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
no. it's all guessing right now.
Sponsored