Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Why is my reply to a post on this thread deleted? There was nothing offensive in it. The post I replied to now has edits...or rather a stated retraction. But why is my post completely gone?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why is my reply to a post on this thread deleted? There was nothing offensive in it. The post I replied to now has edits...or rather a stated retraction. But why is my post completely gone?
There'll be a red exclamation point on the tol bar in the messages and 'your post has been deleted' if it was moderated and not just eaten.

But... Your slang has kinda slid into politics a couple times in the past.

It's okay! I've had plenty of posts removed. The administrator has to take no risks to keep us all not at each others' ...

-Crissa

Last edited:

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
And we barely had two years of that, not four.

Remember, at least three years of 4% should have been baked into the predictions.

Why are you guys all so willing to bid against yourselves? Money burning a hole in your pockets? O-o No wonder there's inflation.

-Crissa
This is more to. Punter those that are saying it will be 30-30k more.
still hoping it is closer to the original price myself.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
There'll be a red exclamation point on the tol bar in the messages and 'your post has been deleted' if it was moderated and not just eaten.

But... Your slang has kinda slid into politics a couple times.

It's okay! I've had plenty of posts removed. The administrator has to take no risks to keep us all not at each others' ...

-Crissa
1) What slang. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. There is no red exclamation anywhere I can see.
2) There was no slang in the deleted post. It was math. All I did was point out that going from $49.9k to $75k is infact a 50% increase.

The post was active for long enough for others to see it and the person I was replying to even retracted his statement based on it. I could understand the "eaten" part if it just never got posted after I hit enter, but that is not the case. It was there. It was viewed. Now it's gone.

Last edited:

Horizonvangogh

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Owner of Future Detail
Country flag
Let’s all remember what Teslas mission statement is…

“Accelerating the World's Transition to Sustainable Energy”.

In no way is pricing the starting line up CT at $75k+ a smart idea to obtain market share away from Ford, GM and Stellantis. I agree it will not be $40k because a single motor variant will not be available at launch. However I think the sweet spot is $64-$69k for dual motor.

I firmly believe the truck will be affordable in comparison to the current market offerings. I also believe we will know a lot more about specs, features and pricing in the next 100 days and those specs will outperform the competition respectively.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
The post was active for long enough for others to see it and person I was replying to even retracted his statement based on it. I could understand the "eaten" part if it just never got posted after I hit enter, but that is not that case. It was there. It was viewed. Now it's gone.
This forum is modded with a heavy hand/hammer, and often days after the post. Just is what it is.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I'd argue you are way wrong. I'd bet most truck daily drivers do so IN CASE they need their truck. That's what I do. I drive it every day because I don't need another car but I always want to be prepared. When a friend needs help moving furniture, a daughter moves to a new apartment, my wife needs dirt for the garden, my truck is ready. I don't have to go rent one or beg from better prepared friends. Nope. I'm the dependable one. I'm the guy my friends call when they need help (at least with truck-type of stuff... or auto repair type stuff... or woodworking stuff... or hell, the list goes on)

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I've had a truck, and I've not had a truck. I do a lot of things like wood/metal hobbies that require carrying large things, all of the household projects, and much more. I can put 8+ lumber and pipe in my M3, as well as one bicycle, and even large-ish home supplies. The number of times I've needed to borrow a truck since I sold my last one is ... two.

Most people are self-justifying the waste of a truck. I did the math on my neighbor blowing over $400/mo driving her Ram diesel, and she could get a simple EV "free," paid with the savings. But no, she insists she "might" need the truck. Number of times I've seen it used...none.

Oh, I borrowed it to get a load of firewood. Not putting that in my 3.
Sponsored