Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
131 kWh extended range battery capacity

Top "Platinum" model gets 280 miles range
I wonder if this will finally put to bed all those rumors about it actually having a 400 mile range.

Maybe?

Nah. Anyone who bought into that is unlikely to let go.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It is surprisingly close efficiency wise to the Rivian. Considering some of the claims Rivian had made about their cD, I’m a bit surprised they are this close.

myrickma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
takeaways:

People: How much?
Ford: we can't say yet....(under breath: a lot more than you expect)
People: how's the range?
Ford: we estimate 300 miles....(under breath: only on the most expensive model, and we aren't even sure)

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Besides the batter range and slightly different lights, none of those options are any different than what I have on my 2021 F150. Oh and by the way, I can get 650 miles per tank out of my platinum vs 280 miles.

Good start, but I'll be more excited when they improve the EV trucks to have a comparable range and other features to make it stand out vs ICE.

Also, Ford is doing a terrible job at their OTA updates and holding up features like BlueCruise for OTA updates until next year, even though 2021's coming from the factory have the software loaded. IMO that is their biggest area of opportunity if they really want to keep up with Tesla.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Besides the batter range and slightly different lights, none of those options are any different than what I have on my 2021 F150. Oh and by the way, I can get 650 miles per tank out of my platinum vs 280 miles.

Good start, but I'll be more excited when they improve the EV trucks to have a comparable range and other features to make it stand out vs ICE.
They‘ve made an appealing truck and if the leaked prices are legit, I’m sure there will be plenty of buyers. The big draw to me of the Cybertruck was the price which was comparable to ICE.

Also, Ford is doing a terrible job at their OTA updates and holding up features like BlueCruise for OTA updates until next year, even though 2021's coming from the factory have the software loaded. IMO that is their biggest area of opportunity if they really want to keep up with Tesla.
Some of this is just first generation issues. Tesla wasn’t immune from software issues, they’ve just had 10+ years to get it right.

Ford has a long slog to catch up. People who drive Tesla’s have their expectations about a lot of this stuff reset.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
If Ford will actually deliver my reservation next year, then I would take it despite the limitations since the latest estimate for my Cybertruck is still early 2024.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Besides the batter range and slightly different lights, none of those options are any different than what I have on my 2021 F150.
And you still get all the BUTTONS. :ROFLMAO:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Snark aside, this is actually quite good.

From the sounds of it, they are launching a pickup which is only slightly more expensive than their ICE truck and the only big downside is range. They didn’t try to get silly with a massive battery the way GM did with the Hummer and sounds likely to do with the Silverado.

It doesn’t interest me a whole lot, but I think a lot of truck buyers will be quite happy with it. I can see a lot of contractors buying these and being thrilled.

Hopefully the Cybertruck will be as close to it’s “brief”. If so I will be ecstatic.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
And you still get all the BUTTONS. :ROFLMAO:
I must be missing something. Sure it is not 100% touchscreen like the Tesla, but everything can be done on the Ford touchscreen, with a few buttons/dials for added convenience for those quick and frequent adjustments.

For example, if I'm wanting to change my temperature from 68 to 72, I'm going to turn the dial 100% of the time rather than navigate through the touchscreen to make the same adjustment.

Sure, just comparing the touchscreens, Tesla's is lightyears ahead, but I actually prefer having the quick convenience of buttons/dials for some frequently used features.
Sponsored