F150 Lightning Predictions

CybrTrkWdWk

Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
Those specs will appeal to a lot of people. The frunk being so large will appeal to truck guys that don't want to have a tonneau cover on the bed of the truck but want to keep certain items out of the elements. The towing specs and payload are a bit weak when you compare to the CT, but in-line with the F-150
Only weak if you compare it to tri motor CT. They are definitely aiming to compete with the dual motor CT. At $52K the Lightning should be helpful for getting a few people ahead of me out of the CT queue. Thanks Ford!
Advertisement

JJ_Tex

Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Plat, CT dual on order
Country flag
Interesting. Will they also be doing refundable pre-orders, similar to the CT?

EMguy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Only weak if you compare it to tri motor CT. They are definitely aiming to compete with the dual motor CT. At $52K the Lightning should be helpful for getting a few people ahead of me out of the CT queue. Thanks Ford!
I may be one of those people that give up my Cybertruck reservation. I'm rather far down with Tesla. I think there were already around 600k reservations when I finally signed up last summer.

I placed a reservation for the F150 lightning as soon as the reveal aired.

I will purchase whichever truck can be delivered first.

As long as Ford can start delivering vehicles mid 2022 as they are hoping, I should be able to buy the Ford at least 1 year or more before I would ever bring home the Cybertruck.

I'll keep both reservations until the timing of deliveries is confirmed next year.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Senior Network Analyst
Country flag
" MSRP starting at $39,974 up to around $90,474 " depends on what options you get... some of them are quite a bit more than the trimotor.

Diehard

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Frontier, CT2
Country flag
Nothing shocking or surprising in the reveal. $40-$90K is A wide range. You still don’t know what you are getting for your money. I am really curious how many of which truck they can deliver by when. And if they can deliver a competitive product in spring, how many people at the end of CT line will jump ship. If F150 is competitive on features and price, we may get a little bit of respect from Tesla with an update soon. If F150 is a real threat, who knows, our reservation holders may even get an email communication someday with delivery estimates. I know I am dreaming but it is a sweet dream.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
"And you CAN get a big center screen".... Even that will be extra. Wanna bet the base doesn't have 11 outlets (not that you need near that many).

No specs on lowest battery/range, and did everyone catch the "pre-production model shown" caveats?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350, Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I know I'll come off like a fanboy, but this is how the presentation felt to me...

Come down to Ford motor vehicles! We have an electric truck coming too with such features as:
-lower towing capacity than our direct competition
-Lower carrying capacity too!
-same features as our rival, but only for money! And only because we consider them special! And we redefined features!
-unclear ranges on models!
-that hot new technology every is raging about in these roaring 20s, moving picture cameras!
-paint!
-plugs! Oh man, all these plugs! More than your house!
-it can drive itself on certain roads, but no hands!
-wait... That's coming, we promise. Soon™
-the truck has a tailgate! And you can use it as a workbench! Original idea, do not steal!
-Experience™
-moonroof on a truck! Also our idea!
-"always four wheel drive!"™
-please dear God nobody mention charging...
-look at that airstream! LOOK AT IT.

PepeLaugh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini2nut

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma TRD Pro + Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I placed my $100 reservation tonight. The Cybertruck is my #1 choice but if the revised production version strays too far from the concept vehicle I may switch. So far I have hedged my bets by placing refundable deposits on the following BEV pickups;

-2022 F150 Lightning
-2022 Dual Motor Cybertruck
-2022 Rivian R1T pickup

615B7B40-83B5-4305-97FF-965BF554A8B2.jpeg
26338E6C-B211-4379-9DC6-72DF4329EF68.jpeg
C2BB0908-16D5-47AB-AF90-D3E0407E2A2A.jpeg

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Competition is good for us the consumers. Anybody seen inside the frunk of the Cybertruck yet? My kid was stoked when Ford showed them put 2 sets of golf clubs in the frunk. He's been talking about leaving our clubs in the frunk of the Cybertruck almost since the reveal.

lancethibault

Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, CT3 RN112841395
Occupation
USSF
Country flag
I was expecting more surprises at the reveal and more information. Really had to go to the webpage to find out much of anything. I 100% expected it to look more traditional then the CT, but damn...they didn't change a thing from the looks of the ICE F150. I am pleasantly surprised the XLT starts at ~$53k before the $7500 tax incentive....and before destination charges. If that is with the 300 mile battery, that is going to appeal to a ton of buyers and does make it competitive with the CT2, especially for those wanting V2G...which, based off the comments all over this site, is something people want. The standard instrument cluster configuration location is also a nice little plus. All things considered with what we know about both these trucks, if they had a 500 mile variant for $70k, I would make that reservation and be waiting for final specs and pricing. If I was content with 300 miles, I'd do the same. Alas there is still only one truck for me and no 500 mile competition to speak of.

Advertisement

Advertisement