F150 Lightning Predictions

JJ_Tex

Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor AWD on order
Country flag
I put in my $100 for a pre-order as well. I figure I will make a decision next year based on final price, delivery date, etc.

I am annoyed that you had to pick a local dealership in the pre-order. I already received a text and a video message from Richard telling me he will give me a call tomorrow... I can't wait to hear a sales pitch from a 60 year old salesman for something they are not even making yet.

Advertisement

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I put in a pre-order of the lightning, since there are 400,000 reservations before me for the cybertruck. The Cybertruck is heads and tails above the lightning, but my 20+ year old truck is hitting its limit.

So hopefully the lightning will keep me going until my Cybertruck reservation comes up in a few years.

Don

keyhere

First Name
Key
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
The range is not great, especially after looking at their Ford pass charging network in Canada. Most of the locations they have are very spread out in my area, and any DC fast chargers on it are mostly just Volkswagen dealerships haha. How do they expect you to drive a 370km range vehicle around by just offering dealership chargers. You can use the echarge network (government) and PertroCan chargers of course but they really fall short of Tesla in this department.

59sjordan

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Camry, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag
I put in my $100 for a pre-order as well. I figure I will make a decision next year based on final price, delivery date, etc.

I am annoyed that you had to pick a local dealership in the pre-order. I already received a text and a video message from Richard telling me he will give me a call tomorrow... I can't wait to hear a sales pitch from a 60 year old salesman for something they are not even making yet.
I was going to put in a reservation as well, seeing that today marks my one-year anniversary of putting in my CT order, but I think I will wait and see.

When I went to the Ford website, they had little to no new information. The catch for me was that
I didn't like the idea of a salesperson being involved from the beginning. They also said on the website that you would order this fall. And my neighbor did this similar thing when the Bronco was announced. He put in his pre-order for the big Bronco thinking it would be a little while. They wanted him to put in an order before he was ready (a few months ago), so he had to cancel his order.

If they want an order from me by this fall, before we really see when and what the CT is, I won't be ready.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder how long it will be for Ford to offer an F-250 HD Lightning model with 500 mile range and 14,000 lbs towing capacity? 5 years maybe?

Dodge Ram may beat them to it! 😁

Diehard

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Frontier, CT2
Country flag
I placed my $100 reservation tonight. The Cybertruck is my #1 choice but if the revised production version strays too far from the concept vehicle I may switch. So far I have hedged my bets by placing refundable deposits on the following BEV pickups;
What are you going to do in couple of months when Ford is asking you to place an order and you still have not heard from Tesla?

M577

Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
I put in the reservation, but the only features I like so far over the CT are the frunk and rear seat legroom. My kids are spoiled with the legroom in my current f150.

lancethibault

Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, CT3 RN112841395
Occupation
USSF
Country flag
I considered putting in a pre-order, but one thing I didn't care for in the pre-order process was that you couldn't specify a trim or range variant. I don't know if that is a specific flaw based on the dealership you choose or if that is across the board. If I'm going to give up some cash I at least want to know what I'm giving it up for and give some idea of a price. With the way the process was last night, i was just handing over $100 for an electric truck that I couldn't even get a range or base price estimate. Poor execution. I also still want to know more and hear more about the patent for the range extender. They didn't talk about it, nor is anything mentioned online about it.

Diehard

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Frontier, CT2
Country flag

I take your Richard over my Brandon any day. Brandon called me and after I mentioned a ton of electric specific things, at the end of the conversation, he asked me what engine I am interested in, V8? Turbo boost? ......

I have a feeling, he will be sexting me every night for the next twelve months. I think Tesla GODs are punishing me for cheating.

Anyone is interested in educating Brandon on EVs? As you can see here he has a positive attitude:

1621520250671.png

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Private Lending Educator
Country flag
Saw the reveal. Saw the price. Saw the options. Was wondering about the price to avoid going through a dealership. If I can only get these through the dealerships, what’s the actual final price? And do I have to pay for a maintenance plan? And how many upgrades are available at the dealerships? Like, will I have to be power sold on underbody coating before I can pick up the truck?

Just saying… The reveal looked nice enough. I see lots of people wanting to buy. But the reveal didn’t mention anything about dealerships. So the prices shown are just suggested prices. And in order to place a reservation it looks like one has to choose a dealership up front, blindly. I bet the dealerships are salivating even more than the people wanting one of these.

Good luck boys and girls.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement