F150 Lightning Test - Charging 5 different EV vehicles

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Awesome video.

I really like how the Lighting screen broke down the different inverters and showed how heavily they were loaded. Hoping CT does that just as well.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ford did a good job with this truck.

I was debating whether I liked the Lightning better or the Rivian better…. I think this really pushes it over the edge.

Sets a nice high bar for the Cybertruck to cross.

I think Cybertruck is still going to crush it on range, charging speed, and efficiency, but this is some damn cool stuff.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is a good truck. Electricity is old school. Competitive EV engineering and software is the constraint. Unfortunately, they also need to make money.

With all their experience, and understanding of where things are headed, I long suspected the reason for the slow rollout is lack of profit, not chips not anything else.

Now they are saying inflation has cut into their profits, I think they are mitigating the truth by now bringing inflation into the picture.

Ford 'blue' or whatever they are calling the new EV division was a brilliant move.. The company will be decimated, but at least they can have something to grow from.
Sponsored