KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
I want to take time off and enjoy a road trip with my new CT. I want to see the factory where it was built. And conveniently, I have family near Austin that I can show off and offer rides in my new CT.

To my knowledge, Tesla hasn't done factory pick-up since they started high volume mass production. But Elon did say that Terafactory Austin is going to be a destination site earlier, around July or so...

"It’s about 2,000 acres and we’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning. It’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have a boardwalk, where there’ll be a hiking/biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise, birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream, and it’ll be open to the public as well. So not closed and only Tesla."

Elon please make it so! I want to fly into Austin-Bergstrom and hop over to Terafactory Texas to pick up my CT. I feel like posting this somehow might make it more likely to happen. Anybody else on board?
Sponsored

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
I live about 4.5 hours out of Austin. My plan is to do exactly that. I hope it's a possibility.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Even if they don't offer this (and I certainly hope they will; per my other post the current set up at Pond Springs is sub-optimal), y'all need to get down here and enjoy the goodness. Austin = Awesome.

SS

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I want to take time off and enjoy a road trip with my new CT. I want to see the factory where it was built. And conveniently, I have family near Austin that I can show off and offer rides in my new CT.

To my knowledge, Tesla hasn't done factory pick-up since they started high volume mass production. But Elon did say that Terafactory Austin is going to be a destination site earlier, around July or so...

"It’s about 2,000 acres and we’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning. It’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have a boardwalk, where there’ll be a hiking/biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise, birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream, and it’ll be open to the public as well. So not closed and only Tesla."

Elon please make it so! I want to fly into Austin-Bergstrom and hop over to Terafactory Texas to pick up my CT. I feel like posting this somehow might make it more likely to happen. Anybody else on board?
Many likeminded CT buyers. I sent a tweet to Elon. Perhaps it will help if others do too? I'll fly from Northwest Arkansas and drive back after seeing the sites that Tesla offers. Won't get down there if I simply have to wait on a delivery truck and pay a hefty sum. Can't be two places at the same time!

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Many likeminded CT buyers. I sent a tweet to Elon. Perhaps it will help if others do too? I'll fly from Northwest Arkansas and drive back after seeing the sites that Tesla offers. Won't get down there if I simply have to wait on a delivery truck and pay a hefty sum. Can't be two places at the same time!
What we should do is petition the Austin City Council. They would in turn pressure Tesla. There is always something to trade. If 50,000 people per year picked up in Austin and spent $300 on lodging, food and entertainment, that would be $15,000,000 in local revenue yearly.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I would love this. Austin to Kaysville Utah would be a nice road trip. I would get to explore part of the country I have not seen for a long time. It would be even better if this would speed up my delivery date a month or so. Who knows if they are delivery constrained they might encourage this. I would do this even if it was cost neutral.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

OP
OP
KrodEKid

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
Thanks for link and idea. I sent in a note also. It only took a couple minutes.

"
Subject: Tesla Truck Factory
Message: I have a Tesla Cybertruck on order and expect to spend time in Austin to pick it up directly from the factory if possible. I am concerned that state and local laws may prevent this issue. If Tesla is able to factory deliver to me I will be flying in from my home state Ohio and will be spending money in your municipality related to travel. With more than half a million reservations, this could be a good source of income to local businesses and for state sales tax revenue. Your consideration and support is appreciated.

Born and bred in Texas, sadly moved away.
Regards
"

hobbit11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
What we should do is petition the Austin City Council. They would in turn pressure Tesla. There is always something to trade. If 50,000 people per year picked up in Austin and spent $300 on lodging, food and entertainment, that would be $15,000,000 in local revenue yearly.
they just got a request from me. Thanks for the link.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Even though I live in one of the "not so great" suburbs of Austin (I disagree strongly with the above characterization, however and am happy to know you'll be staying in your version of Kalifornia then...) I definitely weighed in as well and appreciate you posting the link. One year and counting!

SS