Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hey, I'm not a fan of suburbs. So I don't live in one.

-Crissa
The way things are going, I may not be living in a suburb either. Right at the moment though I am legacy living in one. It's so last century.

StainlessSsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM
Country flag
Would it be crazy If you received an option to have the truck drive itself to your house for a small extra charge? Would you still go to Austin? Elon said today and confirmed that full level 5 Self Driving will be available within the next year!!!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Would it be crazy If you received an option to have the truck drive itself to your house for a small extra charge? Would you still go to Austin? Elon said today and confirmed that full level 5 Self Driving will be available within the next year!!!
I suggested that as a possibility in time. I'm wondering though who's insurance would handle any accident that the CT might get into during such a trip. Would hate to have my brand new CT totaled before I even got to touch it. Anyway, does the handoff happen when the CT leaves Tesla? Or when your CT arrives at your location?

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
does the handoff happen when the CT leaves Tesla? Or when your CT arrives at your location?
Almost always when it leaves the loading dock. For anything you purchase.

Check policies online:
Question: "Damage in transit?"
Answer: "Contact shipping company (not us)"

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Almost always when it leaves the loading dock. For anything you purchase.

Check policies online:
Question: "Damage in transit?"
Answer: "Contact shipping company (not us)"
Problem here is that the shipping company is Tesla via FSD.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't think level 4-5 FSD will be allowed nation wide in a year. And Elon always says they'll have 5 capability in a year... It's been a few. They keep finding behaviors that aren't quite right.

But we're getting really close.

-Crissa

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just looked it up. Some states have agreements with other states, if you pay tax in one, you are given a credit in the other. NYS and Texas do not have such an agreement, so you would pay close to 8% in both. There goes plan A.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I just looked it up. Some states have agreements with other states, if you pay tax in one, you are given a credit in the other. NYS and Texas do not have such an agreement, so you would pay close to 8% in both. There goes plan A.
What if they sent you the papers to register it ahead of time, then you had the registration papers ahead of time to put on it when you picked it up...

-Crissa

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What if they sent you the papers to register it ahead of time, then you had the registration papers ahead of time to put on it when you picked it up...

-Crissa
Check your DMV. Some have reciprocal agreements with other states. If there is none in place, you pay both. Texas because you bought it there. And again in the state where you register it. And trying to get around that has lead to negative outcomes for others.

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Irrelevant. You aren't going to Texas to buy the truck. You will have bought the truck already.

-Crissa
This
Irrelevant. You aren't going to Texas to buy the truck. You will have bought the truck already.

-Crissa
This was about going to Austin to pick up the truck. Sorry for any confusion.

StainlessSsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM
Country flag
I suggested that as a possibility in time. I'm wondering though who's insurance would handle any accident that the CT might get into during such a trip. Would hate to have my brand new CT totaled before I even got to touch it. Anyway, does the handoff happen when the CT leaves Tesla? Or when your CT arrives at your location?
If Tesla provides the FSD then they will also provide the Insurance. They currently already do so in select markets. Autonomous vehicles will have much safer driving compared to humans. Expect insurance rates to drop considerably going forward.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Elon said today and confirmed that full level 5 Self Driving will be available within the next year!!!
Guess you must be new to the world of Tesla. He says that at the end of every year.
Sponsored