EZHERMAN

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
soon to retire
Looking for more info on fifth wheel towing capabilities. Will Tesla give a Fifth wheel prep PKG
Advertisement

OP
OP

EZHERMAN

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
soon to retire
Looking for more info on fifth wheel towing capabilities. Will Tesla give a Fifth wheel prep PKG
12685 LBs Fifth wheel trailer weight about 2500lbs tongue weight. It would be nice to do the whole 14000Lbs.
I have my reserve in already on the Tri motor waiting on specs to see if I can replace my F350 with the Cyber truck or not.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
12685 LBs Fifth wheel trailer weight about 2500lbs tongue weight. It would be nice to do the whole 14000Lbs.
I have my reserve in already on the Tri motor waiting on specs to see if I can replace my F350 with the Cyber truck or not.
That’s within TriCT specs.

I’d want more than ½ ton F-150 axel bearing. So its going to be a wait and see how Tesla does axel bearings on the CT. Full floating is a big ask.

kev12345

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Country flag
the payload and towing capacity of the trimotor is suitable. i'm assuming the ct is going to be heavy which helps control heavy trailers. 4 wheel turning helps sway. is the only perceived limitation the sail shape of the bed? maybe you can just lower the truck a bit and have the fifth wheel hitch mounted on a spacer block to raise the trailer above the sail?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
https://www.safetytowingsystems.com

This system adds an extra axle to ease fifth-wheel towing.

The other way that I’ve towed big trailers with fifth wheel instead of using a “jeep” as shown in the video.

Invert the fifth wheel. Instead of the 5th wheel braced inside the bed of the truck it is inverted mounted onto the trailer. That uses a bed mounted “pin” which cleans up any clearance problems in-bed. You are able to custom fit the trailer to the Cybertruck limitations whatever those turn out to be.

Advertisement

TSLA Stock

Advertisement