Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
My guess is correct.

I thought that Tesla will produce single motor to avoid the birth pains in manufacturing complexities while in the base of a learning curve.

And then changed my view that they prioritize dual motor where they will strike a balance between profit and complexity.

With those thoughts, I amended my trim to dual motor for a jump into queue.
Everyone will be able to reconfigure though right? So the jump may not have helped lol
Sponsored

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
This may have been posted and I missed it. I didn't recall these were variable.

wjOSNQc.jpg

They're not, just the lighting in the photo. Unfortunately because a sequential turn light would have been cool instead of the barfworthy design they went with.

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Imagine the finger prints that would be on it if not roped off.

🖐 🖐

- ÆCIII
The German Technical Museum in Munich (amazing place!) used to have a stainless steel Porsche Turbo Carrera. You can bet it took a lot of labor, towels, and glass cleaner to keep it spotless!

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I used to rope off the Gullwing 300 SL for the same reason. Wonder if some kind of distance sensor using the cameras might send a subtle message through the outside speakers....
' STEP AWAY FROM THE CYBERTRUCK ' or Dirty Harry ' GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DAY '
Or "I'm badder than the MagnaVolt from Robocop 2!"

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
I was in CA on the 5 FWY coming south by Six Flags and I saw a hauler with about 6 CTs on it heading north bound on the 5 FWY
Hey!
The hauler is heading the wrong way! It should be heading south!

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
Please Tesla put one in the Toronto area. I would really like to see one up close

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
I'm guessing it's roped off until after the delivery event
yeah, don't want random YouTubers spoiling any big reveals that Tesla is planning to make at the delivery event.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I wonder what percent of CTs on reserve are from would be scalpers.
there were a lot of multiple reservation holders so wait and see how much we get moved up the queue. Btw, this is really old news.

Jsmithjr732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
Could be some accidental multi-reservations folks too. I reserved day one, but when I did it, the website kept giving me an error. So I tap tap tapped the submit button each time. The next day, I had 4 reservations.

Could be others who did that and kept them live for whatever reason. I cancelled all but one myself.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My guess is correct.

I thought that Tesla will produce single motor to avoid the birth pains in manufacturing complexities while in the base of a learning curve.

And then changed my view that they prioritize dual motor where they will strike a balance between profit and complexity.

With those thoughts, I amended my trim to dual motor for a jump into queue.
It is unclear whether it will work that way. It seems like Tesla offers the option of changing trims in the configurator but we will see.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
It is unclear whether it will work that way. It seems like Tesla offers the option of changing trims in the configurator but we will see.
I am a second day reservation holder and initially ordered a two motor verstion then some time after changed to the three motor version and my reservation number did not change. IMO, all that counts is your reservation number, which when it comes up, you will be given a choice of probably two configurations (2 motor vs. 3 motor/ performance). If you wanted a one motor version (which was a minority from the spreadsheet), I am not sure what will happen, perhaps you will stay in the queue until it is produced.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I am a second day reservation holder and initially ordered a two motor verstion then some time after changed to the three motor version and my reservation number did not change. IMO, all that counts is your reservation number, which when it comes up, you will be given a choice of probably two configurations (2 motor vs. 3 motor/ performance). If you wanted a one motor version (which was a minority from the spreadsheet), I am not sure what will happen, perhaps you will stay in the queue until it is produced.
If Tesla forced people to buy only the configuration they indicated interest in, then nobody gets any truck

The configurations being offered now are different than 2019.

Among the many reasons those “indications of interest” in 2019 were only indications of interest.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
If Tesla forced people to buy only the configuration they indicated interest in, then nobody gets any truck

The configurations being offered now are different than 2019.

Among the many reasons those “indications of interest” in 2019 were only indications of interest.
I think we are saying the same thing, reservation number= indication of interest